Vol Baseball!

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
Joyce looked good until he gave up back to back dingers for them to go up 3-2. Bottom half we left the bases loaded but they walked in a run to tie it. I was in and out, mostly out after that but it didn't look like I missed much. I have to think that this was a tinker kind of game and let some guys rest but I don't know I missed a lot.
Yesterday's game was way better

sharpshooter

They should have let Kirby pitch longer, he was rolling. He came in and struck out 5 of 6 he faced then the next inning they had Drew Beam start the inning. Beam gave up 3 runs in a 1/3 of an inning and Walsh gave up 2 runs in his 2/3's.

Displaced_Vol

They should have let Kirby pitch longer, he was rolling. He came in and struck out 5 of 6 he faced then the next inning they had Drew Beam start the inning. Beam gave up 3 runs in a 1/3 of an inning and Walsh gave up 2 runs in his 2/3's.
Yeah that's why I figured, maybe hoped, it was as much about not working anybody too long & putting guys in different spots. Never know when they'll call your number in the post season.

Gravey

They put a beat down on Belmont last night 18-0. Hit 6 home runs.

Sidebar…was watching the last 2 innings of Florida / Florida State. Anybody see the game winning bomb the Florida kid hit? 330 to the fence and then a berm behind it. Ball cleared it. There was no doubt when he hit it. Walk off 2-run homer.

Displaced_Vol

Holy Box Score, Batman
C38F7658-3A79-4288-8BF4-8DB325E866E1.png

PalsPal

Will probably lose the series now.

When I started watching, we had already had 3 homers in the 1st.

Felt bad for one TN guy. When he came up and K'd in his second at-bat, they stated that he was the only Vol without a hit in the game :D !

Gravey

Was in Knoxville Friday evening for my daughters graduation Saturday and the game was on at a party they were having. Down 3-1 going into the 8th I figured they were done only to see Saturday morning they scored 3 in the top of the 8th and hung on for the 4-3 win. Then yesterday they pulled out the brooms for the weekend sweep! 🧹

Latest posts