Visited my first Cannabis Dispensary

Pioneer1789

Oh man...Virginia is getting places. Florida has medical, Maine has recreational, Washington list goes on and on.

My questions and hesitation for ever trying it - do you give up you ability to own firearms, or certainly buying additional firearms.
According to the ATF, marijuana use disqualifies you from gun purchases. Been hashing that one out in Colorado for a while as I recall.

BMan

It does. Some, I say again "some" HR departments are lightening up on the THC thing since CBD and whatnot became more popular. I had to check with our HR dept about their current policy with it.

Employers are not allowed to test for THC in California at all, even when there is an industrial accident. Saw that play out really ugly a few months ago.

BSK

what does she get? brand name? how many MG?
I would recommend an initial does of around 15-20 mg. That will produce a very mild effect. If more is desired, move up to the 25 mg or 30 mg versions. Anything more than 30 mg and you're going to REALLY feel it. I found that out the hard way. First time I ever tried the gummies I didn't know about the slow effect of edibles (takes about an hour to feel anything). I tried a 25 mg, and 30 minutes later, felt nothing. So I ate a second. That was 50 mg total. Wow... Loopy doesn't even begin to describe the experience.

TAFKAP

Employers are not allowed to test for THC in California at all, even when there is an industrial accident. Saw that play out really ugly a few months ago.

That's gonna be a hard one to enforce and be legal.....I'm sure Federal contractors such as Lockheed Martin and others would beg to differ.

BMan

That's gonna be a hard one to enforce and be legal.....I'm sure Federal contractors such as Lockheed Martin and others would beg to differ.

State law. If they're doing business in the state, they're out of luck.

As I said, we already ran into that wall.

Chiflyguy

It wasn't cheap. 1/8 oz of most "Flower" was $60. Then add 24% THC and Local sales tax...
And taxes can be as high as 40%.
My niece lives by Wrigley Field and paid 30% tax at a legal place.
Now she just buys from her regular guy.
Me, haven’t touched it for almost 30 years.
I’ll keep that trend going.

BMan

And taxes can be as high as 40%.
My niece lives by Wrigley Field and paid 30% tax at a legal place.
Now she just buys from her regular guy.

Me, haven’t touched it for almost 30 years.
I’ll keep that trend going.

At those prices, her regular guy's business is probably booming.

Another example of the cobra effect...

BSK

At those prices, her regular guy's business is probably booming.

Another example of the cobra effect...
I've heard that in CO, where there's a dispensary on every corner, the price of the legal stuff is so high, many still just buy on the street.

The idea that making it legal would eliminate all the illegal activity was dead wrong. Just kept the illegal prices down a bit.

Unicorn

What brand cylinder? Where from? And how many milligrams?
Get off the pot thread. Baseball can randomly test you and if you’re positive, you’re off the team. If you’re in an accident and you test positive, there goes your future. It’s not legal in TN and I don’t want you to try to get around that with the legal CBD they’re talking about on here. You’re still under 18 so it’s ALL illegal to you. Make good choices kid. There’s plenty of bad choices you can make when you’re an adult. K.

TNReb

Supporter
Funny thing is, you can legally buy Delta-8 and Delta-10 THC in TN. Many CBD and Vape shops sell it. You can internet order all the legal THC you want (only Delta-9 THC is illegal) from numerous locations inside TN and have it delivered to your door.
Of course BSK know this. 🤣

UPSman

I've heard that in CO, where there's a dispensary on every corner, the price of the legal stuff is so high, many still just buy on the street.

The idea that making it legal would eliminate all the illegal activity was dead wrong. Just kept the illegal prices down a bit.
When we were there last fall, an ounce of bud weed was $275 an ounce. I bought a couple of the pot candy bars for a girl at work and she said that was probably the best sleep she had ever had after eating a portion of it. I talked with a guy in Steamboat Springs at the store we went in and he said he was making $100k a year with full medical insurance. He wasn’t even the owner, just the guy working 5 hours a day. I was impressed at how clean, nice and professional the people were in there.
I’d be willing to bet that they sold $20k worth of product in the 15 minutes we were in that store.

Latest posts