Visited my first Cannabis Dispensary

BuckWild

Supporter
Thrive Dispensary in Metropolis,IL

In an old Chevy dealer location. Super modern interior, lots of friendly staff and very professionally ran.

They have little computer screens set up that allow you to view and choose your product, add it to your cart and checkout.

Then they pull your order, call your name, and you go to the main counter where they verify your order and you pay.

Overall, I was impressed with the operation.

You don't have to purchase anything if you go in. We decided to stop and check it out. When we left, there was a line outside the door. One of the staff said we hit it perfect. Normally the line is out the door and around the corner.

Snake

Supporter
Thrive Dispensary in Metropolis,IL

In an old Chevy dealer location. Super modern interior, lots of friendly staff and very professionally ran.

They have little computer screens set up that allow you to view and choose your product, add it to your cart and checkout.

Then they pull your order, call your name, and you go to the main counter where they verify your order and you pay.

Overall, I was impressed with the operation.

You don't have to purchase anything if you go in. We decided to stop and check it out. When we left, there was a line outside the door. One of the staff said we hit it perfect. Normally the line is out the door and around the corner.
Dang man if in I knew you was going I'd got you to pick me up a bag 😁🙃J/K

BSK

Funny thing is, you can legally buy Delta-8 and Delta-10 THC in TN. Many CBD and Vape shops sell it. You can internet order all the legal THC you want (only Delta-9 THC is illegal) from numerous locations inside TN and have it delivered to your door.

BuckWild

Supporter
Funny thing is, you can legally buy Delta-8 and Delta-10 THC in TN. Many CBD and Vape shops sell it. You can internet order all the legal THC you want (only Delta-9 THC is illegal) from numerous locations inside TN and have it delivered to your door.
Yea we buy the Delta-8 for my mother in law to help her sleep.
30 day supply is about $30.

BuckWild

Supporter
did you happen to see the grade and quality of the flower? that's what makes it so expensive.
Yea the computer screen breaks each product down in percentage of THC, CBD and variety, Sativa, Indica or Hybrid.

Strangely enough, the one's I checked out varied from about 19% to over 30% THC and it was all the same price.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
I had NOOOO clue there was such, outside California
Oh man...Virginia is getting places. Florida has medical, Maine has recreational, Washington list goes on and on.

My questions and hesitation for ever trying it - do you give up you ability to own firearms, or certainly buying additional firearms.

BSK

Yea we buy the Delta-8 for my mother in law to help her sleep.
30 day supply is about $30.
I use the Delta-8 gummies on occasion to help with sleep and extreme muscles pains when I'm training for a big race or hike.

All perfectly legal. And I buy mine from a grower/producer run by veterans out of Clarksville.

Last edited:

Trapper John

I use the Delta-8 gummies on occasion to help with sleep and extreme muscles pains when I'm train for a big race or hike.
How do you feel like it works? I've been looking into gummies for anxiety and help with sleeping. I've done research but I still prefer reviews from people I trust.

BSK

How do you feel like it works? I've been looking into gummies for anxiety and help with sleeping. I've done research but I still prefer reviews from people I trust.
It is a different experience than the traditional Delta-9 THC, the psychoactive chemical in "normal" pot. It is a far more "mellow" experience without feeling "drugged." It VERY much helps me sleep when my mind is too active, or especially when I'm really sore from heavy work or exercise.

Two things to remember: 1) ingesting edible THC is slower to activate (takes about an hour to start feeling the effect), and maximum effect takes 3 hours; 2) if you are drug tested at work, you will still test positive for pot, but then the same applies to all use of CBD and the legal varieties of THC.

TAFKAP

I went to a "medicinal" dispensary in Oklahoma last year just to see what it was all about. Tiny little 10' x 20' shed building, with a giant gun safe in the corner for all their cash. As an out-of-stater, all I could buy there was CBD if I was interested. I guess they're accustomed to the lookie-loos though. I bought a couple stickers.

Snake

Supporter
I use the Delta-8 gummies on occasion to help with sleep and extreme muscles pains when I'm train for a big race or hike.

All perfectly legal. And I buy mine from a grower/producer run by veterans out of Clarksville.
My wife using Delta 8 vape to help her with the pain she has .

Latest posts