Very nice afternoon to end the season. With pics

catman529

Morning hunt I dragged butt and got out there late like 8:15 in the morning and ended up scouting a new spot for next year, and driving around seeing where trucks were parked. Ran into a coworker who had killed 3 with his buddy.

Looked at the map with TNDeerGuy over lunch and we decided on a spot where I've turkey hunted once but never deer hunted.

He hunted the open fields hoping to snipe one with the 06, and ended up passing on a spike.

I took my climber back into the woods where it was hard to find openings to shoot through tree branches. Didn't have high hopes, but ended up seeing a bunch of critters, and 5 deer, and dropped this fat doe at about 40 yards.

0d7d6c8e489003a0da4a66076de86ce5.jpg

620fc7c6ec3feab82427f7d9bd875a9a.jpg

f4debeab9b1ed4dc19a59f4efca4a42b.jpg

It's been a good season. 5 bow kills, 1 with the Marlin, and 4 with the 308. Didn't even see a buck I was after, but got lucky and killed my best public land buck back in October, and then passed up an even better one cause he was only 2.5 and I wanted to save my tag. Can't complain about much, except lack of time to hunt most of December, of course. Till next time, the deer get a good break for now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

csi-tech

These look like some Youtube videos I just watched. You seem to be a good, ethical and avid hunter. You are bringing credit to our sport and our state. Keep up the great work. The videos were very well done too.

plinker22

csi-tech":3h56acf1 said:
These look like some Youtube videos I just watched. You seem to be a good, ethical and avid hunter. You are bringing credit to our sport and our state. Keep up the great work. The videos were very well done too.

I agree with csi-tech. Catman went from green horn grasshopper to Professional Quality Hunter in no time flat. Well done Catman.

oldmanelrod

2-Step Enabled
catman529":2wdyo3f6 said:
Morning hunt I dragged butt and got out there late like 8:15 in the morning and ended up scouting a new spot for next year, and driving around seeing where trucks were parked. Ran into a coworker who had killed 3 with his buddy.

Looked at the map with TNDeerGuy over lunch and we decided on a spot where I've turkey hunted once but never deer hunted.

He hunted the open fields hoping to snipe one with the 06, and ended up passing on a spike.

I took my climber back into the woods where it was hard to find openings to shoot through tree branches. Didn't have high hopes, but ended up seeing a bunch of critters, and 5 deer, and dropped this fat doe at about 40 yards.

0d7d6c8e489003a0da4a66076de86ce5.jpg

620fc7c6ec3feab82427f7d9bd875a9a.jpg

f4debeab9b1ed4dc19a59f4efca4a42b.jpg

It's been a good season. 5 bow kills, 1 with the Marlin, and 4 with the 308. Didn't even see a buck I was after, but got lucky and killed my best public land buck back in October, and then passed up an even better one cause he was only 2.5 and I wanted to save my tag. Can't complain about much, except lack of time to hunt most of December, of course. Till next time, the deer get a good break for now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Catman always enjoy your post. Got any new videos to post?

Latest posts