Venice, LA Tuna

Jon54

We were there the week before Katrina hit. Caught about 8 40# tuna and 4 40# amber jacks. On the way back to the docks, we asked our captain where we could buy shrimp. On the way out that morning we passed several shrimp boats.

Capt said he wished he had known as we could have traded ac12 pack for bunches of shrimp.

Jmed

Port Fourchon is on Grand Isle. Its quicker to the Tuna and you have more options as far as restaurants, stores, lodging. In Venice, you dont have many choices. Its a cool area and the fishing is great!

BamaProud

Sucks you lost an opportunity to go fishing. If you decide to rebook at some point and need an extra person to fill the boat I would love to go.
No turkeys, killed 2 pigs and caught a mess of bream. I may try to hunt some more later this week after the weather clears.

So my Tuna trip turned into a turkey hunt that ended in 2 dead pigs and a nice meal of fish(bream) and grits.

ewc

Port Fourchon and Grand Isle are big fun.

522F4CDF-C24B-42DA-A826-C5F83554E507.jpeg

Jon54

My wife and I went to Venice the week before Katrina. Fabulous trip. Deep water is close and oil rugs provide a lot of structure. We booked another trip 3-4 years later and weather cancelled trip. Lots of boats there were in the 25-30' range and just couldn't handle rough seas

Latest posts