Vacuum sealer

BigRed1080

Supporter
My wife was talking about wanting one.
So any recommendations?
Also will be willing to buy used if someone has one to sale.
I literally was in Sams Club today looking at the food saver on sale for 109$ and thought I need to ask TNDeer if it’s worth it or just pony up and buy a good one once instead of crappy ones multiple times.

backyardtndeer

I literally was in Sams Club today looking at the food saver on sale for 109$ and thought I need to ask TNDeer if it’s worth it or just pony up and buy a good one once instead of crappy ones multiple times.
They are ok, we had one and bought one for our oldest daughter. Last one I bought for us was a game saver deluxe, food saver brand I bought from Cabela's. It has been a little better. I package all our ground deer and other deer cuts, package pork, and beef in food saver bags and also garden stuff. If you are not going to use it real heavy, the Sam's unit may last a long time. For our use our next will be commercial grade.

BigRed1080

Supporter
I think this year I’ll just buy once cry once. I saw meateater has a discount code for Weston I just need to find it again.

AT Hiker

My only contribution is this; your at the mercy of the individual product. Ive personally had food saver products that have lasted years while good friends have had the same model and it craps out on them after a few uses.
Ive also trashed LEM products while the same friends have had that brand last.

I really want a chamber sealer but between being a cheap skate and afraid of getting a lemon, I’ve not bitten the bullet yet. Maybe one of my friends will get one soon…

*should be noted, I dont have many friends so your mileage may very.

mike243

I bought a food saver that is auto seal, love it, would like a chamber sealer but way over the price I want to pay, stick the bag in and it will clamp and vac and seal it, 5 year warranty, lot of deer meat sealed with it

Omega

I have the Gamesaver Wingman, it's a manual sealer which I prefer vs the auto one, it wastes less bag material. My wife had bought one of the auto ones and while it's ok and you can pull the bag back a bit before it grabs it for the bottom seal, but the top still wastes about 1-1-1/2" of material. And it does overheat faster, though I don't go that fast, which is irritating when you have to seal your processed venison. The wingman hasn't shut off on me yet, but like I said, I don't go too fast.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
+1 on the chamber sealer...however not paying that price.
I bought one from Sam's club use it 4-5 times a month, now going on almost 6 years. Has some quarks about it, but I get it and it works well.

jetwrnch

Supporter
I bought a chamber vac this spring. Bags are so cheap I use it almost daily. Leftovers, chili, sauces, garden, whatever. 1000 bags for $40.

BlackEagle1

I have been running the commercial cabelas option with good success. I killed off all the lessor products I have owned. The overheating was extremely frustrating with other brands.

rukiddin

I’ve got a food saver and between deer, squirrels, rabbits, fish and processing our own chicken and quail, I have put that thing through the ringer. Just recently it started kinda sounding funny so it may be on its way out. My next one will be a chamber vac sealer. Already got permission from the cfo when the food saver bites the dust. They’re quite a bit more expensive but I’ve never heard of anyone regretting the purchase or preferring a food saver type after using the chamber sealer.

Latest posts