Vacuum sealer ?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Ok I am gonna get me one of these to pack fish in (finally)
I am not going to spend a fortune on one.

Can I get one that will adequately work for putting up fish fillets for around $100 ?

sharpshooter

I recently purchased the Anova Precision Vacuum Sealer from Best Buy for $80. It is my first and has worked well but I have only had it for two months. Consumer Reports rated it very highly.

Anova Vacuum Sealer at Best Buy
I bought the same one a couple weeks ago because of the reviews and price, but have yet to use it. Hope to change that very soon.

Omega

The foodsaver gamesaver models are good, but be sure to avoid the auto seal versions, they use too much bag material. A bit more than you want to spend but worth it in the long run. But they can go longer, more seals, between rest periods and do a good job getting most of the air out of a bag.

mike243

I bought a food saver that is auto seal, no levers to flip or flop, stick the bag in and it vacs and seals on it own, was about $130 at Walmart years ago but came with a 5 year warranty, still going strong, lot of deer been sucked by it lol

tnraised

We have had a Foodsaver from Costco for about 5 years. It has been super solid and sees a lot of use. Every once and a while something has freezer burn where I got a bad seal but that is 3 to 4 out of hundreds. I wamt to say it was $80 on sale. Wish there was a way to avoid using theor bags though.

ADR

I've had good luck with this one, had it for a few years now:

Amazon product ASIN B00DI342B4
Also great for sealing things up for the sous vide.

Another vote for this one.
It's not perfect but here's what I have learned-
Keep it on the moist setting, this makes the seal hotter and better
I double seal all my stuff. Doing this I have had zero problems. The machine seal bar will get hot and make you wait a few extra seconds but it's $100.

BigAl

We have had a Foodsaver from Costco for about 5 years. It has been super solid and sees a lot of use. Every once and a while something has freezer burn where I got a bad seal but that is 3 to 4 out of hundreds. I wamt to say it was $80 on sale. Wish there was a way to avoid using theor bags though.
Same here. I bet I've had mine 8 or more years. I buy my bags at Sams or Costco..

Latest posts