Utah Hunt Applications

LanceS4803

Made my annual donation to Utah DWR. Application fees went up 50% this year: $10 to $15, per animal.
I am benched for the next 5 years for Elk, so realistically I'll never hunt elk in Utah again. 5+ however long it takes to build points starting from zero.
Fingers crossed that I can win the lottery.

tellico4x4

Lance, decided to do same thing for one more year due to the moon during early rifle this season. Full is two days after opener....next year it is seven days before which is huge hunting elk during rut. Waited this long so one more year won't make a difference. This will give me 10 pp and at my age will be the only UT one I'll ever draw. Thanks for hooking me up with Greg at Kearl Ranch! Should have enough to draw a SD whitetail so that's what I'm going to do this year.

LanceS4803

Tellico, I was talking to my UT buddy last night before putting in my choices and he said with an LE draw for elk or deer, you can't even put in for Points Only for 5 years. And then you have to start building points again. So, realistically, 15 years. And even then, you are competing with everyone else that is just starting and combatting points creep. That is why I decided to go ahead and do a shoulder mount instead of maybe, possibly, getting a chance at at larger elk.

Atchman2

Wow, you guys are HARDCORE! :) I hope you get to hunt elk! There are lots of states with them, but none of them are cheap to hunt!

Atchman2

Kansas has more turkeys than I have ever seen and has a two bird limit! I videoed probably 250+ turkeys on one property in Kansas!

I think there are flocks in TN that aren't even hunted in remote areas. Not sure what to do? I think the limit is actually pretty fair. Two turkeys seems so easy to get when there is a large population.

I go to Kansas to archery hunt turkeys. It is VERY challenging when you have basically no cover!

Latest posts