Used vehicles?

Dodge Man

Dodge Man

Supporter
I have been wanting to buy a Jeep Wrangler but the price of used vehicles has gone crazy over the past year or so. What’s everyones opinion, will prices drop with the cost of gas and interest rates going up? I don’t see how a 15-20 year old jeep with 150,000 miles is worth $15-$20,000.

H

Hduke86

I get what you’re saying and I’ve had multiple jeeps from cj5, cj7, yj,tj, and now a Lj. One thing is for sure, people sure are proud of their jeeps that they are trying to sell. I would hope it would return back to normal at some point but then again rarely does things return back to “the good old days” when companies and manufacturers see people still are buying at crazy prices. To answer your question HECK NO a jeep ain’t worth that unless it had $10,000 cash in the console that came with it.

big 8s in Weakley county

big 8s in Weakley county

Until the new car market comes back to where things are available I don’t think used will come down. Also the new prices have climbed so much on MSRP they have raised the used car prices also. I purchased a new Polaris Ranger on Nov 2nd and I looked last week and MSRP on it is up 5k since Nov.

K

K-dub

I have been wanting to buy a Jeep Wrangler but the price of used vehicles has gone crazy over the past year or so. What’s everyones opinion, will prices drop with the cost of gas and interest rates going up? I don’t see how a 15-20 year old jeep with 150,000 miles is worth $15-$20,000.
I’ve been looking/watching prices on them for about a year. I check a few places LSN, Carmax etc everyday. What I’ve noticed is that private sellers are still very proud of their Jeep’s but the dealer prices are starting to come down. I also hear that a lot of financed new vehicles are being repoed or turned back in because of people not wanting to pay for them. I think this will also drive prices down. I’m waiting until spring probably and think they will be way cheaper by then.

Pilchard

Pilchard

It is starting to come back down slowly. Chips are still an issue for OEMs and will continue to be scarce through EOY. Sales are falling dramatically each month. Prices will fall.

duckriver

duckriver

I sold my 2000 TJ for twice what I gave for it. Decided I wanted to get a 4 door this time. But jeep prices are insane if you want one in good shape and lower miles. I won’t drop the 50 to do it but if I was that bent on one in good shape or low miles I’d just buy a new one.

I think they will come down some at some point but not back to what they were

ttf909

ttf909

Supporter
FYI, had a 2013 jk jeep try like heck to burn my house down. Don't park it in the garage or basement . Apparently jeep knows this happens and hasn't addressed the issue.

tellico4x4

tellico4x4

Supporter
I wouldn’t buy anything right now unless it is a necessity. Some folks may start panic selling soon and there may be deals to be had. JMO
Have noticed some toys ( campers, boats & atv) starting to show up for sale. Camper prices seem to have come down the most

1908_Cubbies

1908_Cubbies

Supporter
But jeep prices are insane if you want one in good shape and lower miles. I won’t drop the 50 to do it but if I was that bent on one in good shape or low miles I’d just buy a new one.
You are 100% correct. My wife wants one of the stupid looking Gladiator trucks. My local dealer has a new 2022 and a used 2020 of the same trim level. They are asking $2k more for the used one.

S

SALTMAN

Ky is trying to tax me for 5 grand more than I paid for my F250 a year and a half ago and 130 thousand miles .
Thinking of moving to Ky , think twice , they tax everything but food . Vehicles ( tags ) are taxed at Kbb value every year .

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
Guy that works here bought a car a couple years ago.
Granted I have zero details but these:
He bought it for 8K.
Had a wreck the other day.
Insurance totaled it.
They offered him 13.5K to replace it.

Crazy times.

FLTENNHUNTER1

FLTENNHUNTER1

Have noticed some toys ( campers, boats & atv) starting to show up for sale. Camper prices seem to have come down the most
Yep, they are starting to pop up ( no pun intended) around our area too. All those Covid RV’s will be flooding the market over the next couple of years. Many people can’t afford to pull them with 5 dollar gas and 8 MPG towing vehicle.

duckriver

duckriver

You are 100% correct. My wife wants one of the stupid looking Gladiator trucks. My local dealer has a new 2022 and a used 2020 of the same trim level. They are asking $2k more for the used one.
My dad just bought a new gladiator as his retirement truck. I wasn’t a fan when he pulled up but after driving it and using it I think I like it better than the wrangler. With the longer wheelbase and weight it rides waaaay better

rem270

rem270

Supporter
Ky is trying to tax me for 5 grand more than I paid for my F250 a year and a half ago and 130 thousand miles .
Thinking of moving to Ky , think twice , they tax everything but food . Vehicles ( tags ) are taxed at Kbb value every year .
I'd do anything if my house and property were picked up and turned around 50 yards to the TN side. We had to pay taxes on our vehicles when we registered them even thought we had already paid taxes on Arkansas when we bought them. To the sum of $1650 for my wife's truck and about $800 for her car. KY doesn't recognize trade in values so stuck it to us. Pissed me off bad.

backyardtndeer

backyardtndeer

Not if, but when this recession, that I think has already started, gets really bad there will be a buyers market for many things, and used autos may be one of the many