Use a Safety Harness!

rsimms

rsimms

Supporter
I'm an infrequent deer hunter - so infrequent I sold my climbing stand figuring someone else could/should make better use of it. I bought myself a portable ground blind, partially for this reason.

http://newschannel9.com/sports/outdoors ... eer-season - "The phone service was sketchy at best but he determined his friend had fallen from a treestand, couldn’t move his body from the chest down and could barely breathe."

I'm getting too old/lazy to do much tree-climbing. Be careful out there folks! Use a safety harness!

Attachments

• safety_harness.jpg
    safety_harness.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 448
E

eddie c

I preached it in bow ed class. I practiced what I preached and was thankful for it after a step broke on the way down. I was bruised up good but not hurt otherwise.

but I have come to the conclusion that using a harness, don't smoke and don't overeat advise will be ignored by some people that just wont listen . I really can't say too much, i'm over weight myself. but I don't smoke and I wear my harness.

JeepKuntry

JeepKuntry

My Uncle doesn't have lifelines on any of his ladder stands. I plan to buy a bunch and for him to install. He put them on all of his hang on stands so might as fully protect those that hunt there.

Jmed

Jmed

We made it a point on our lease this year to put life lines on every set. I'll cuss a lease mate up and down if I find out they didn't wear it. I don't wont my hunt being ruined by having to drag a buddy out or worse. The new harnesses are so light comfortable and easy to use.

Wrangler95

Wrangler95

I use lifelines on my ladders and a Livewire on my climbing stands,be sure to wear a harness when climbing.The livewire will not only stop your fall but it will let you down slowly to the ground

JeepKuntry

JeepKuntry

I actually hunted off the ground Saturday because the carabiner fell off my harness.