Update request: Thompson Center

BSK

So is Thompson Center out-of-business? I'm looking for a T/C inline MZ and can't find any in stock anywhere.

Remington700

Have not seen anything stating they are out of business. About a year ago Smith and Wesson announced they wanted to sell it off. I do not believe they had much interest.

BSK

Amazing how there are almost zero T/C MZs in stock anywhere. I guess we'll have to settle for a CVA. From what I hear, they've vastly improved their quality of late.

Smo

FYI…

B7BE3EC2-FEFF-457B-9F36-A02C2CD4B5A3.jpeg

puppy

BSK, are you looking for an Encore (CF or ML capable) or just a ML. If looking for an Encore best you will do is piece one together with separate purchase of frame ($400-500), ML barrel ($275-400) and stock set ($150-250). since the announcement the prices have went out the roof. I have 3 frames and 5 barrels, when I bought my first a SS ML in 2003 complete gun was $500.

puppy

So is Thompson Center out-of-business? I'm looking for a T/C inline MZ and can't find any in stock anywhere.
After posting below on Encore, I was on 24 hr Campfire Classifieds, and saw a TC ThunderHawk for sale, just FYI

BSK

Because S&W is trying to sell Thompson Center, T/C is making no firearms at this time. My brother has switched over to looking at the CVAs (especially the Accura), but strangely, the Accuras are sort of hard to come by.

BSK

That's what I'm trying to talk him into. I seriously doubt there would be much difference in an Optima or Accura at the distances we hunt. The VAST majority of our shots are under 75 yards (the average being 35 yards). Only across a food plot would a 100+ yard shot be possible, and older bucks in food plots during daylight is a pretty rare sight on our place.

Latest posts