Unusual or Hard to Find Lures?

WMAn

The discussion Fox Fire started on AC Shiners got me to thinking.

What other unusual or hard to find lures do you use that consistently produce fish?

Or, hard to find lure companies that outperform similar, easy-to-find lures by other manufacturers? The way Kimberman reported that an AC Shiner will outperform a Rapala.

For me, Slider Lures make the list. Which ones are on your list?

Dbllunger

A gold 7" Redfin lure by Cotton Cordell. They aren't made anymore and I happened upon one last year and bought it. It is the only one I have and is dear to me. I went so far as to call the company and asked them to look behind their fridge to see if one may be hiding there. They said there are none in the warehouse and nowhere that they know of to be found. Ill gladly pay $20 for one if someone has one.

Dbllunger

striperhunter90 said:
Dang it i had 2 last summer and now they are probaly in a 40 pound plus rockfish's mouth in the cumberland bc i do believe i lost both on fish

Holy crap, after making my post I started searching online for them and after hitting about 20 different sites after googling, I called a toll free number for a peacock bass outfitter in Texas and he had 5 of them in stock for $5.99 each. Yep, I bought em all! Wow, I can not tell you how excited I am about that find! :grin:

TN Larry

Winchester said:
Tennessee Todd said:
Old Pop R's will catch their butt. They are very hard to find.
NO, all old 3/4 oz pop r's should be sent to me for destruction!! ;)

What is the difference between the old P70s and the new ones that are "supposed" to be the same? Also, how can you tell that what you are looking at is the old one and not the new one?

KSbuck2

Terminator Custom Tungsten Spinnerbaits
SK Crankbait in Sunrise Sexy Shad

You can find them but it takes some searching

chunkandwind

Pre Rapala Wiggle Warts. They stink and if you find any I
will take them off your hands so you wont have to suffer through them. I'm just that kind of guy.

WMAn

Poleaxe said:
Sliders x3. Thats the only grub I use when im fishin for crappie. I have to order em if im needin any.

Two years ago, I could find them at Academy Sports in Cool Springs. This spring I checked Academy, Dicks, Gander Mountain in Jackson, and Bass Pro in Memphis with no luck.

But, my in-laws have a cabin at Pickwick, and we go through Lawrenceburg to get there. I always schedule a stop at Slider Lure Company with the wife, when we go.

If you buy direct from them, the free samples you get amount to almost as much as what you actually buy.

catman529

WMAn said:
Poleaxe said:
Sliders x3. Thats the only grub I use when im fishin for crappie. I have to order em if im needin any.

Two years ago, I could find them at Academy Sports in Cool Springs. This spring I checked Academy, Dicks, Gander Mountain in Jackson, and Bass Pro in Memphis with no luck.

But, my in-laws have a cabin at Pickwick, and we go through Lawrenceburg to get there. I always schedule a stop at Slider Lure Company with the wife, when we go.

If you buy direct from them, the free samples you get amount to almost as much as what you actually buy.
Friedman's in nashville has a good selection of Slider lures.

Tn Bowhunter

Here is one for ya'll I have been all over this computer box looking for some Rebel Deep Dive Wee-R in black and silver and blue and silver. Used them alot a few years ago and wore the fire out of bass here in east tn. by bouncing them of rock points right before dark...But now I cant find any of them for sale nowhere...help ???????

Unicam

Heddon makes the Crazy Crawler, caught my first 5+ Bass on one of those night fishing. They hold a soft spot in my heart. They also make the Lucky 13 and it has been a killer lure for me since the 70's as well.

SES

Dbllunger said:
A gold 7" Redfin lure by Cotton Cordell. They aren't made anymore and I happened upon one last year and bought it. It is the only one I have and is dear to me. I went so far as to call the company and asked them to look behind their fridge to see if one may be hiding there. They said there are none in the warehouse and nowhere that they know of to be found. Ill gladly pay $20 for one if someone has one.
how many you want?

Latest posts