uninvted,unwanted drinking guests

B

blondebear

for the past 5 or 6 years the family ( 10 - 15) who owned my property before me want to either ride 4 wheelers or sleds thru my place on a "memory ride". always during the holiday season and they just show up. they start about a mile or so away at a family members home and are drunk by the time they get here. 1st time they did this they were passing a jug of cheap vodka around and offered me a shot. wanted none and looked at the bottle and "stuff" was floating around. I told them i'd grab a drink of my own and toast the new year. snifter of blantons . after the toast they wanted to try mine. crap, poured all a drink and sure nuff , the heathens just shot it down. emptied my bottle and left.

repeat each year.

fast forward to this year and the family member told me when they were coming.

this time I was prepared. saved an empty blantons bottle. bought a pint of the cheapest canadian whiskey I could find. filled the empty bottle with it. when they roared up this year I brought out a tray with paper Dixie like cups and the bottle of blantons. poured their cups full until the bottle was gone . I just happened to have a tsing tao opened so I could toast with them. yep. then they wanted to try a tsing tao. that was my last one. knowing they won't leave until any and all alcohol I have is gone (I do hide my cologne and rubbing alcohol ), I prepared further. told them I did have a can of steel reserve they could split. they all took a swig and left. stood outside until I heard them leaving my prop.

save those empty bourbon bottles. :tu: they had no clue.

Attachments

• IMG_2079.JPG
    IMG_2079.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 1,082
JimFromTN

JimFromTN

I knew some people that would come over and not leave until the bottle was empty. I used to keep 2 separate bottles of the same kind of liquor. One that was full that no one saw and one that was almost empty that I would bring out. As soon as it ran out, the people in question would leave and I would immediately turn around and pour some out of the full bottle into the empty bottle for the next time they came around.

GreyGoose

GreyGoose

sounds like an old buddy of mine who would come to a party with a 12 pack and leave trashed with his 12 pack with 8-10 beers left :bash:

U

Urban_Hunter

Lol, that's awesome!

In college we held a weekly poker tournament at my apartment. One guy would always show up with two 40s of old English or some other malt liquor, put it in the fridge, then bum everyone else's good beer all night. We would eventually get to passing the Jack around and he'd want a pull every time. One night my roommate had had enough and ol boy was already pretty lit. We poured some shots and my room mate poured his of vegetable oil. Ol dude ended up taking about 5 shots of vegetable oil over the next hour and ended up leaving because he didn't feel good. He didn't show up for class the next day either. [emoji23]

B

blondebear

it's a "B".

i can keep watch. been buying mine in idaho , they usually only have 1 or 2 bottles at a time though. i do buy them out as i can save 30 bucks a bottle there. then i just go down the road and blow my savings at cabelas.

B

blondebear

it's not that i'm mean spirited with these people but they just won't go away.

when i bought this place about 20 years ago, the afternoon before deer season, heard some clanging and banging and multiple vehicles. looked out the window and saw a camper and 2 trucks driving up my road. what the_____? within 5 minutes i got in my truck and took off after them. they had already started setting the camper up and had coolers and tents pulled off the trucks. this is on MY property. i asked them if they were lost. no, they just camp out there every year during deer season. told them not this year or ever again and to load up and i'll follow back down off the mt. same bunch i bought the place from. they just assumed they could still hunt and camp. they asked me where to go now. they were "born" here, like that meant something to me. at least 3.2 million acres of public land in the region and they don't know where to go. when they got down to the county road another truck met them and they stopped and were having a powwow. keep hearing this word son of a ...

buying property here just gives the new owner the privilege of paying the taxes and entitlement to the spare bedroom. i'm waaaayyyy not the only one who has and are dealing with locals who just will not leave after selling their land.

rem270

rem270

Supporter
blondebear":27jwmqp0 said:
it's not that i'm mean spirited with these people but they just won't go away.

when i bought this place about 20 years ago, the afternoon before deer season, heard some clanging and banging and multiple vehicles. looked out the window and saw a camper and 2 trucks driving up my road. what the_____? within 5 minutes i got in my truck and took off after them. they had already started setting the camper up and had coolers and tents pulled off the trucks. this is on MY property. i asked them if they were lost. no, they just camp out there every year during deer season. told them not this year or ever again and to load up and i'll follow back down off the mt. same bunch i bought the place from. they just assumed they could still hunt and camp. they asked me where to go now. they were "born" here, like that meant something to me. at least 3.2 million acres of public land in the region and they don't know where to go. when they got down to the county road another truck met them and they stopped and were having a powwow. keep hearing this word son of a ...

buying property here just gives the new owner the privilege of paying the taxes and entitlement to the spare bedroom. i'm waaaayyyy not the only one who has and are dealing with locals who just will not leave after selling their land.

You're a better man than I am. There are some idiot nephews of the previous landowner that tried to keep coon hunting after we bought our property from the guy. It ended very quickly when I could follow their trail of beer cans. I'd tell them guys to go down the road if I were you.

Snowwolfe

Snowwolfe

Snake":3vrh04dk said:
I know it's a good thing being neighborly but I think I would put a stop to their drinking party on my property as well .

This. Explain what is going on and ask your local LEO to park his/her car at your place when they are supposed to visit. The sight of the car should be enough to make them change directions

KPH

KPH

Supporter
I would have but a stop to this the first time all they are going to do is take advantage of you.

C

Coffee Break

If you gave the 4 wheeler people a drink or two and sent them off to ride on your place, and someone was hurt or killed!
Who would be liable?
:pray:

JeepKuntry

JeepKuntry

You are exposing yourself should any person be hurt on your property. I wouldn't allow drinking and driving on any sorts on any property.

B

blondebear

as forum posts go this one as most do is morphing into something it's not. they are not even invited inside and are here maybe 5 minutes. it's prolly a little less than a half mile before they are on public ground. it is understood they don't drive off the main rd for any reason and i do check and that rule is honored. they do a circle route and don't return. it is good policy for anyone owning property to have an umbrella policy for protection for any mishap condoned or not.

i wouldn't even grant them this request but the family member who leads the ride lives down at the bottom of the hill. 2 others still live in the immediate area but like him don't share the same surname as the problem family members. i bet they have a thousand cousins though. the house closest to me was one that the original family consisted of 13 members. at one time it was one single room and now it has 2 tiny bedrooms,tiny kitchen ,tiny bathroom with running water and the rest is a main living area. i cannot by any stretch imagine how they all had a bed to sleep in. the way i was told they all had huge families.

the family member i deal with is not a bad guy and i have no problems at all with the few that are left here. if anyone is taking advantage it is me of him, they feed my animals when i leave and with his family they don't need me for any favors in return. as much as i 'm careful where i shoot game , every now and then temptation grabs me and he just happens to have pack horses . :mrgreen: nuff said !

as i write this i'm looking down the hill at the end of the county road by the mailboxes. someomebody dumped off a snow machine and has been sitting there all day. snow plow went around it and the mailman can't get to the boxes. i'm sure theres a born and raised local behind that.