Under Armour?

Rockytop167

Anybody use the base layers? I have a set but its like the 1.0 base. I know they have the 2.0 and 3.0. Mine work great if im slowing moving but sitting in a stand seam to get a bit chilly. is it worth the money to invest in another set or does "long johns" work just as well? Thanks

BMan

I disagree. UnderArmour - including the generic Bass Pro version I use - wicks away the moisture whereas cotton long johns hold it against you.

The level 1 UA is intended more for an active sport; for hunting you would be better off with the level 2 or 3. Although I use the level 1, I plan on upgrading this year to one of the heavier levels.

93civEJ1

where can one get the generics? I was thinking of getting some under armour stuff for underneath, but would prefer to spend less on something that does just as well.

moondawg

Gravey said:
93civEJ1 said:
where can one get the generics? I was thinking of getting some under armour stuff for underneath, but would prefer to spend less on something that does just as well.
Bass Pro has their version called Enduraskin and it's the same thing. I have the Nike version and love it.

+1 for the Enduraskin. I like the light weight of it. I have that, and a heavier verison of the Starter brand (for colder weather) available at Wal Mart.

square

Sierra trading post on line usually has some synthetic base layer garments at a fraction of the cost of under armour. Check out the Cabela's bargain cave also.

String Music

Keep the UA and buy Sitka's Traverse 1/4 zip as your second layer. My "base layer" system is actually two layers. I wear the UA solely for moisture wicking. The Sitka layer provides warmth and also transfers the moisture.

bowhunterfanatic

UA didn't do the trick for me. I went with an off brand heavyweight base layer system and really like it. I do get too hot walking in with it on from time to time however. My next set will be 2 layers. A generic lightweight top and bottom and a heavyweight polartec fleece top and bottom.

moondawg

west_tn_hunter said:
93civEJ1 said:

Wal-Mart carries a line of Rocky base layers.

That's what I use on top of a lightweight baselayer.

Latest posts