Un-decorate ?

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
When do you put all your decorations away and take your Christmas tree down ?
Back years ago we decided since we were off the week between Christmas and new year we wanted to be done with it.
Also for me it is very depressing after Christmas is over to see all the decorations.
Dec 26 every year we put everything away every year.
We should be completely done before lunch this year since we didn't put out as much as usual since the wife can't get around.
Just curious as to when everyone does it.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

shopson

shopson

My wife says Thursday. I will be fishing but will get to haul the heavier stuff down the stairs when I get home.

E

eddie c

myth has it that it's unlucky to still have the decorations up on New Year's Day. when I found that out I quit decorating the outside of the house.
it wasn't long after I got married I accidently broke one of the ornaments that my MIL gave my wife before she passed. now I don't touch the stuff on the tree unless instructed to do so by my wife.

rem270

rem270

Supporter
That's one thing I'll procrastinate on because i don't like seeing it come down. Ours will be put up within a week tho.

BamaProud

BamaProud

Supporter
Its too dang cold to take down my yard decorations/lights. I'll get around to it when the temperature gets above 55 degrees.

Wildcat

Wildcat

Supporter
My brother will take his down around Jan 1. He puts out so much that he starts taking them out of storage after Halloween to start fixing anything that doesn't work and turns everything on Thanksgiving night. He's won several local awards over the years for his outdoor displays. This year his grandson and I will help him take them down.

B

Blackdog

Inside of the house was 'un-decorated' by 8:00 p.m. last night, the outside will be finished today. We put our Christmas decorations/tree up Thanksgiving weekend, so my wife is ready for it to go as soon as our Christmas is over.

DaveB

DaveB

When I was single I would Leave my tree up so the chicklets would think I had a warm and loving heart.

It was amazing but it worked.

I generally took it down when the last needle hit the ground.

I had bubblers. Dozens of them. I used to unplug the tree, unscrew and pack each bubbler. then unwire the tree.

Ours will come down this year when Wife gets over her flu/pnemonia/hacking cough, Could easy be Valentines Day the way she is going.

huntinkev

huntinkev

Why take the outside lights down? Just leave them up and they will be ready for next year, saves a lot of work....of course I kid![emoji1]

I'm like bp, going to be cold this week and my dad may be down hunting this week, I'll probably get them right after the 1st. If he doesn't come I might get out there and take them down later this week.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

spoon

spoon

Started today. All the yard stuff is back in the attic. It will take 2 days to box up everything in the house