Ugly win, but thats better than

PalsPal

the alternative.

Glad I came in late and only saw the last 8 mins or so.

I'm wondering if Barnes may be riding Chandler a little too hard. After the miss at the end of regulation, Barnes was chewing Chandler pretty good as they came to the bench. James stepped in and waved his hands at Barnes. It looked like he was telling Barnes to back off, which he did.

THEdonkey0515

So weird to watch a team that has proven game after game they can't shoot, yet Barnes lets them launch 40 bad contested three point shots a game.

I don't know the 3 point total but they said on the radio this morning chandler and ziggler was combined 2-12 behind the arc. I think ziggler got the two makes.

PalsPal

yet Barnes lets them launch 40 bad contested three point shots a game.

Most of them were open looks, but I get your point. I still cannot fathom how a college bball player can COMPLETELY miss the rim on an uncontested 3 pt shot, and then make the next one.

However, all it takes is for one or two to go down to turn the game around, and that's what happened when Vescovi made the 3 and got fouled and made the FT.

So I guess Barnes was hoping that someone would eventually make one and spark everybody else.

THEdonkey0515

Most of them were open looks, but I get your point. I still cannot fathom how a college bball player can COMPLETELY miss the rim on an uncontested 3 pt shot, and then make the next one.

However, all it takes is for one or two to go down to turn the game around, and that's what happened when Vescovi made the 3 and got fouled and made the FT.

So I guess Barnes was hoping that someone would eventually make one and spark everybody else.
They was multiple 3pt shots that didn't come close to hitting the rim.

If they are missing wide open ones that's even worse. As of 1-4-22 UT was 223ed in 3point percentage. Shooting less then 33% from 3.

Last night they shot 29% from 3

It's been a problem all year they clearly can't hit the deep ball. And they keep shooting 35- 40 a game.

If Ole Miss had there best player UT loses that game.

Chandler is 0-10 from 3 last three games. His not hit a 3point shot since December 14th! I would much rather him drive to the rim and just throw it up.

Last edited:

Coltens

Unfortunately it seems like that is what the game of basketball is now days, live and die by the three.

THEdonkey0515

I just don't understand it. Maybe UT just can't score inside at all is why they are shooting 35+ 3 balls a night.

Guys like JJJ and Victor Bailey are shooting like 22% from 3... chandler hasn't made one in 3 games.

If UT is gonna live and die by the 3 then they will be doing alot of dieing.

LSU is top 10 in defending the 3 vols play them Saturday gonna be interesting.

Latest posts