Ugh, I did it again!

TN1BUCK

I'v done all the above how about sticking your Benchmade in the tree while you work cam and walking off and leaving it.

Fatboy99

No, I did not forget to turn a camera back on after swapping SD cards. I forgot to turn on TWO cameras after swapping cards. During peak rut! There's two weeks of critical data I'll never get back. Son of a B____!

It happens every year...
Buck-fever is real

Chickenrig

No, I did not forget to turn a camera back on after swapping SD cards. I forgot to turn on TWO cameras after swapping cards. During peak rut! There's two weeks of critical data I'll never get back. Son of a B____!

It happens every year...
Senior moment ! It happens
Enjoy the 60's my friend

ImThere

I get poison ivy almost every time I set a camera. I like to put them on the bigger trees I think I have less false pictures. But on my plane that comes at a cost!

2HUNT

I have 2 cards for every camera, each card is numbered to match the corresponding camera, which is also numbered. This is the only way that I can keep track of them. My biggest issue is remembering to turn the camera on each time and remembering where they are. It never fails, if I think that I forgot to turn it on and go back and check, it's on. If I convince myself that it is on and do not go back and check, it's not. Kind of like my wife with the stove, every time we leave the house.

Shooter77

2-Step Enabled
I've done all of this, especially when I was running 22 cams on 5 properties. One of the things that's helped me with cards. I label each cam (1, 2, 3...) then I have 2 cards for each cam. They are labeled 1A & 1B, 2A & 2B.... I also have a hard cases that I put my trail cam cards in. I will put all clean cards face up, when I change them out, I put the USED card face down. That gives me a quick reference it has pics on it.

BSK

But yeah, could see it happening if I wasn't paying attention.
And there lies the problem. I get on "auto-pilot" when doing tasks like this and my mind starts to wander. "Should a move this camera to the other scrape? How many cameras should I dedicate to food plots?" And I'm no longer paying attention to what I'm doing.

backyardtndeer

I've discovered that making sure you have extra batteries and sd cards with you and even on your person while checking the cameras doesn't ensure you will remember to change them out!
Carried batteries with me last time I checked mine, knew I was going to have to change them in the camera I had been running in video and photo mode. Got to the camera and the dadgum battery pack was stuck. So next time I am going to have to remember to take batteries and something to pry/pull out that battery pack.

deerhunter10

Been there done that will do it again. I've gotten in a habit of not cutting them off when I change cards. Not sure if it hurts anything started a year ago and don't haven't had any issues. Worst thing I used to do is put sd card in my pockets and forget which side was empty and the full ones. I got a card holder now and that is a life saver for me.

JCDEERMAN

I found one 30' up in a tree a couple years ago. I forgot I had placed it there in the off-season for a security monitor for two of our roads. It had been there for about 2 years.

With the memory cards, I get so frustrated when I mix up empty and full cards. I eventually said heck with it and bought 5 memory card readers. I keep one in each golf cart, one in each ranger and one in my hunting pack.

Dumbluck

I think I got you beat. I had to be at the inlaws for a week for Thanksgiving. I predicted the deer would be bonkers at my place the end of the week after Thanksgiving. I have 14 cuddelink cameras running and it was like freaking Mardigras for the deer. My main shooter was on 4 different cameras on Saturday in daylight. FOUR, FOUR cameras in one morning. 🤦‍♂️🤮.....never again.

I will be buying a positive covid test next year from someone.....Sorry honey, I've got covid I'm gonna have to stay home in bed all week, yall go have fun without me.

BSK

I think I got you beat. I had to be at the inlaws for a week for Thanksgiving. I predicted the deer would be bonkers at my place the end of the week after Thanksgiving. I have 14 cuddelink cameras running and it was like freaking Mardigras for the deer. My main shooter was on 4 different cameras on Saturday in daylight. FOUR, FOUR cameras in one morning. 🤦‍♂️🤮.....never again.

I will be buying a positive covid test next year from someone.....Sorry honey, I've got covid I'm gonna have to stay home in bed all week, yall go have fun without me.
That's funny! Sad, but funny!

East TN Bowhunter

It happens every year...
All the more reason to use cell cams!

BSK

All the more reason to use cell cams!
Cell cams won't/can't transmit the amount of data I need. I need every single picture and every single video collected, in the highest resolution available. I usually collect about 10,000 videos a year totaling a quarter of a terabyte. That's a lot of cell data from an area with almost no cell signal!

Latest posts