UFOs and Aliens

BamaProud

BamaProud

Supporter
I don't see why there shouldn't be other lifeforms out there somewhere. There are billions of galaxy's out there and trillions of planets. However, if an intelligent life form (that we have the ability to detect) is or was visiting our planet I think we would know without a doubt.

The question I ask is "would we even be able to observe/detect another life-form". On our own planet, chances are a snail has no idea that a Humpback whale even exists because they are on so many different levels intellectually/spatially, temporarily, etc... Conversely the whale probably doesn't know the snail exists. Even if they both walked into a bar and sat beside each other would they even know the other was a life-form?

Heck, does an alien life form even have to be carbon based? Does it need oxygen to breathe? Can it exist at temperatures that would kill us instantly(and prevent s from observing it)?

F

fishboy1

Have you ever gone into walmart late at night? There are some "people" roaming this planet that make a strong argument that aliens exist.

AT Hiker

AT Hiker

Haha, I’m speaking of intelligent life forms. If they visited Walmart they would nuke this planet to end our misery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P

PalsPal

BamaProud":34zxgn5t said:
I don't see why there shouldn't be other lifeforms out there somewhere. There are billions of galaxy's out there and trillions of planets. However, if an intelligent life form (that we have the ability to detect) is or was visiting our planet I think we would know without a doubt.

The question I ask is "would we even be able to observe/detect another life-form". On our own planet, chances are a snail has no idea that a Humpback whale even exists because they are on so many different levels intellectually/spatially, temporarily, etc... Conversely the whale probably doesn't know the snail exists. Even if they both walked into a bar and sat beside each other would they even know the other was a life-form?

Heck, does an alien life form even have to be carbon based? Does it need oxygen to breathe? Can it exist at temperatures that would kill us instantly(and prevent s from observing it)?

Dude, wrong forum, you're making my head hurt :D !

AT Hiker

AT Hiker

BamaProud did a excellent job with the analogy, how can you rebuttal it? Even religion is riddled with “other worldly” concepts.
Then you have this guy, he kinda ruins the whole UFO is real thing for most, kinda like Gore and Global Warming.
12c691e73b9d2edef69c0076be95598c.jpg

BamaProud

BamaProud

Supporter
AT Hiker":38emklwb said:
BamaProud did a excellent job with the analogy, how can you rebuttal it? Even religion is riddled with “other worldly” concepts.

The rebuttal is Faith or "God made it that way".

I'm a scientist but also a believer. I look at the world/universe as a a big puzzle that God created for us to try to figure out. I invasion God looking down on us like a parent watches their young kid. Soometimes in amusement, sometimes in horror, sometimes proud, watching us try to solve his marvelous puzzle.

BamaProud

BamaProud

Supporter
I love these type of discussions.

What if Earth sent a 1 minute message out into space in an attempt to contact aliens of equal intelligence. However, the aliens lifespan was only one millisecond(they were born raised /educated/reproduced and died in less than 1 millisecond second). Our lifespan is ~85 years.

It would take them millions of generations to respond our message and if they were to record their response on a time scale we could detect (around 1 minute)it would take them tens of millions of their generations (their time)to even record it. After millions of generations wouldn't they just give up and chalk the "message from Earth" up to folklore.

Bone Collector

Bone Collector

Supporter
Yes I believe there is other worldly beings out there. I have seen stuff that cannot be explained and no i was not impaired.

I do disagree in part with BamaProud's idea that if something was visiting we would know. If they are advanced enough we may not be able to detect them with our technology.

B

BMan

BamaProud":1btwsfey said:
I love these type of discussions.

What if Earth sent a 1 minute message out into space in an attempt to contact aliens of equal intelligence. However, the aliens lifespan was only one millisecond(they were born raised /educated/reproduced and died in less than 1 millisecond second). Our lifespan is ~85 years.

It would take them millions of generations to respond our message and if they were to record their response on a time scale we could detect (around 1 minute)it would take them tens of millions of their generations (their time)to even record it. After millions of generations wouldn't they just give up and chalk the "message from Earth" up to folklore.
They would never be able to respond, as the 1 minute message, even if decoded in some way, would still be longer than their entire life.

Just for them to realize the message is long and needs to be compressed could not be done. It would be like us saying "in 70,000 years, if the message finally ends, compress the heck out of it."

BamaProud

BamaProud

Supporter
Bone Collector":38ude2g4 said:
I do disagree in part with BamaProud's idea that if something was visiting we would know. If they are advanced enough we may not be able to detect them with our technology.

What technology? Compared to theirs, our technology may be as primitive as the "technology" of snails. If humans tried to make contact with snails, would they even realize we were trying to talk to them?

Maybe we are the snails.

AT Hiker

AT Hiker

For the record, if this thread turns into legalizing Mary Jane...it was not my intention.[emoji869]

AT Hiker

AT Hiker

What about all the cases of reported sightings and the videos that cannot be explained. Government or aliens?

Look at the article I posted, just a sample of what has happened.

Pic IN the Casa

Pic IN the Casa

Can't take credit for it but heard someone say if they found an amoeba on mars we'd spend a billion dollars to study it but somehow deny that a child in the womb is a living organism.

FLTENNHUNTER1

FLTENNHUNTER1

There is proof out there we have been visited in the past and continue to be visited on a regular basis.

My dad and I were deer hunting in the Utah desert in the eighties and witnessed multiple UFO's flying in a v formation completely silent. This was near Dugway Proving Grounds, now known as Area 52.

I have been a UFO buff since then.

I am a believer; 100% convinced beyond all doubt.

AT Hiker

AT Hiker

Pic IN the Casa":tfhetav8 said:
Can't take credit for it but heard someone say if they found an amoeba on mars we'd spend a billion dollars to study it but somehow deny that a child in the womb is a living organism.

Sobering yet true to a point.
Somewhere along those lines, think about what is beneath our oceans, you hear how much money is spent on space exploration and such but the lack of money spent on deep see exploring.

Honestly. I’d rather know about other worldly beings versus giant man eatin sea urchin...maybe[emoji848]

BamaProud

BamaProud

Supporter
AT Hiker":2tmkvxy9 said:
What about all the cases of reported sightings and the videos that cannot be explained. Government or aliens?

Look at the article I posted, just a sample of what has happened.

Throughout the history of mankind, even before video, there have been reports of people seeing things that cannot be explained. Optical illusions in nature are very common. I maintain that some of these optical illusions, account for a lot of the folklore stories of unverified animals supernatural sightings/events and other head-scratches.

On that point here is one of my favorite optical illusions. The bottom half kinda looks like dirt and the top half kinda looks like sky(nature).

Put your finger in the middle where the horizon would be , between the two squares. The 2 squares are the same color.

Wildcat

Wildcat

Supporter
There has to be, the numbers don't lie. Like said before, we are talking about billions of galaxy's and trillions of planets. Ever the smartest best sciences have trouble trying to wrap their minds around the numbers and distances, which are measured in light years, the speed of light traveling a year.

Another thing about the distances, the nearest star is 4.6 light years away while the farthest star is 13.2 billion light years from earth. When we are outside looking up at the stars we are looking at the PAST. The nearest star light we see happened 4.6 years ago, other star light happened millions and billions of years ago, we don't ever know if they are still out there. If a star is 10 million light years away and it blew up 5 million years ago we will not see it happen for another 5 million years.

Remember the movie, Contact? They got it right on one thing. Our radio and TV signals travel at the speed of light and ARE STILL TRAVELING away from Earth. The very first TV signal we sent out over the air was Hilter speaking in 1936. THAT is their first impression of us. What are they going to think?????

AT Hiker

AT Hiker

What if...Assuming Aliens speak German, they will arrive and say “hey, so our first message from you was this guy named Hitler that was welcoming everyone to the olympics” We will then be faced with explaining how the first voice they heard was our planets most horrific dictator, after that they will then likely bring up he two buck limit[emoji14]