UF VS UT afterthoughts

THEdonkey0515

We all talked about how bad the D was ,but after going back watching some of the game again this morning hear is some afterthoughts that wasn't really mentioned.

O-Line played well that has been a bad weak spot for years! Backs did great picking up the blitz UT fans are used to seeing 6 sacks and 15 tackles for loss in these types of games. Didn't happen last night. I heard alot about Brenton Cox his a man his gonna blow up some plays one of the best pass rushers in the SEC did he get hurt? Stats show 1 assisted tackle that's it.

getting the TEs involved people have been asking why UT don't use the TEs in the passing game. Well two Tightends caught passes for UT last night gaining 90 total yards.

Zero passing interference calls by eighter team in a game qbs where throwing all over the place not used to seeing that now days.

Another take as mad as UT is about there D Florida's was worse. UT didn't have to punt, UT didn't have to attempt desperate 4th downs every Drive, UT didn't leave the best WR on the field wide open I mean not a gator within 25 yards of him. UFs D was as bad or worse then UTs. If UT had Tillman would have made that UF D look even worse.

And finally sunbelt billy cost them a shot to win that game. Going for a 2pt conversion when a PAT makes it a 10pt game DUMB! Florida would have just needed a FG to tie the game after the onside kick if he kicks 2 extra points instead of trying for 2 twice and failing both. Not taking the 3pts on your own 15 to go up 3-0 early instead they got stuffed on a 4th & 2 bad call, take the 3 pts. Looking like a fool on the sideline having to have 3 buddy's play like they holding big bad billy back was hilarious also gave UT a first down. And the commentators said it was a fake play when the entire UFs online didn't move and Richardson got pressured instantly and had to throw the ball away, I thought it was a busted play if not then whoever called that should be slapped it was dumb.

I 100% feel Tennessee has the better coach in Heupel then UF does in Billyboy.

Last edited:

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
I loved the announcers talking about the "fake" play. I haven't seen one, and I am far from a football aficionado, but I don't see how it would work out well.

THEdonkey0515

Tennessee should never attempt prevent defense again. 4 th down with a decent lead and not kicking the field goal was stupid.
Yeah that, and the 4th and 8 UT went for that got blew up I thought was bad calls that's about it.

Not near as bad as going for two trying to make it a 9pt game instead of 10 that was just plain stupid. UF lost by 5 and billy left 5 easy pts on the board.

Trey13

Florida has no depth at all on defense. That's what hurts them. Plus they played bad the last two weeks. Fatigue maybe? But BN has some good ones coming in next year and a few freshman I'd like to see get more pt next week

THEdonkey0515

Florida has no depth at all on defense. That's what hurts them. Plus they played bad the last two weeks. Fatigue maybe? But BN has some good ones coming in next year and a few freshman I'd like to see get more pt next week
Yeah, It's not like UT has all kinds of Depth on D eighter. everyone hoping they got some good ones coming in next year. UT has two top 10 edge rushers and probably the best DB class they have had in a while three 4* Dbs committed right now.

Last edited:

THEdonkey0515

Hooker:
45 total TDs / 3INTs

4,138 passing yards 415 attempts. 800 rushing yards.

In just 15 games as the UT starter. And this guy gets half the love Richardson gets

Bru McCoy: I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I got here, in the best possible way. I couldn't imagine the noise, the environment, all of it. Coming here is the best decision I've ever made.

Take notice recruits ^^

Last edited:

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
Hooker:
45 total TDs / 3INTs

4,138 passing yards 415 attempts. 800 rushing yards.

In just 15 games as the UT starter. And this guy gets half the love Richardson gets
Td to pick ratio is absolutely fantastic. I'd like to see snaps to td ratio because that offense doesn't spend much time on the field.

chris1976

I'm no football genius but being a Vols fan for over 30 years one thing I can spot is an inadequate coach. Florida will be looking for a coach in a couple years.

THEdonkey0515

Td to pick ratio is absolutely fantastic. I'd like to see snaps to td ratio because that offense doesn't spend much time on the field.
Never thought of that, I would like to know that as well.

His Averaging a Pick every 140 attempts which is crazy. Just for comparison Stetson Bennett with a lot better team around him over the last 2 years 411 attempts is throwing a pick every 50 attempts.

Bryce Young, again with a waaaaay better team around him last year average a Pick every 78 attempts. This year his thrown 2 and his Averaging one every 60 attempts so far.

Richardson has 181 attempts over last 2 season with 11 picks.. that's throwing one every 16 passes or so.

Crow Terminator

I'm not a TN fan but I thought that was one of the better games of the weekend. I'm happy for the fans....gave them a big shot in the arm. I was on my way to the lake during the 2nd half, and it was on the radio. TN got a turnover and then scored and I thought they had em put away. That was the last play I heard before launching the boat. After I fished a while I checked scores and couldn't believe what I saw...definitely had to check the highlights to see what happened. If they beat GA and Bama I bet I can hear Neyland stadium from my house in Athens.

THEdonkey0515

I'm not a TN fan but I thought that was one of the better games of the weekend. I'm happy for the fans....gave them a big shot in the arm. I was on my way to the lake during the 2nd half, and it was on the radio. TN got a turnover and then scored and I thought they had em put away. That was the last play I heard before launching the boat. After I fished a while I checked scores and couldn't believe what I saw...definitely had to check the highlights to see what happened. If they beat GA and Bama I bet I can hear Neyland stadium from my house in Athens.
Yeah it was the best game of the week for sure college gameday got it right .And when you look at the other top 15 or so Teams it was one of the more impressive wins also. Maybe besides A&M taking out Arkansas.

PalsPal

The defense definitely has holes, but give AR credit, as he made plays most didn't think he could make under pressure.

I don't understand Heuple not kicking the fg to up 14. I know he's trying to end it there with a TD, but it almost bit him.

wayne

The fact is Heuple is a Big 12 coach with a Big 12 mindset. He'll never have a great defense, mediocre defense at best. But all he needs is a defense that can give him a couple or 3 stops per game. Napier was smart by going for so many times on 4th down. At least by going for it, he had a chance of keeping the ball away from Heuple and Hooker and having a chance in the fourth qt. The 1 time Florida did punt it ended in a 99 yd td drive right before half time. Field position is a nonfactor.

Latest posts