TWRA wants input for 2022-23 waterfowl seasons

TAFKAP

And I'll tell all of you one very important thing. No matter how mad you are, no matter what you think of anything, or how much you want to tell them off. IF YOU AREN'T RESPECTFUL, YOU WON'T BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY OR EVEN CONSIDERED.

It is possible to be irate, furious, angry, frustrated, exhausted, AND RESPECTFUL all at the same time.

If you want to maybe post your response before you send it, please do. Having someone proofread your letter before it goes in will really help your case and make sure it's actually considered.

I have written numerous emails to the commission, and more than one has called me personally to thank me for not being just a throbbing prick when I wrote them. It truly matters. If you can't be a decent human being when you write the commission in an official capacity, you're not doing anyone a favor.

WilcoKen

And I'll tell all of you one very important thing. No matter how mad you are, no matter what you think of anything, or how much you want to tell them off. IF YOU AREN'T RESPECTFUL, YOU WON'T BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY OR EVEN CONSIDERED.

It is possible to be irate, furious, angry, frustrated, exhausted, AND RESPECTFUL all at the same time.

If you want to maybe post your response before you send it, please do. Having someone proofread your letter before it goes in will really help your case and make sure it's actually considered.

I have written numerous emails to the commission, and more than one has called me personally to thank me for not being just a throbbing prick when I wrote them. It truly matters. If you can't be a decent human being when you write the commission in an official capacity, you're not doing anyone a favor.
This is a good post. I wrote them an email yesterday and was sure to be respectful and offered an idea that has compromise from both sides. Not sure they will implement it but you never know.

West_Tn

Ok so I watched the Commissioners meeting today. When it got to the blind update portion the guy leading the meeting bragged about already receiving 5,000+ applications for the tier 2 blinds. He then said he would be entering and hoped to get drawn, so he could come here, hire a guide, eat at the local restaurants etc.

Why don't you just go hire a guide and hunt out of their blind that they guide out of year after year??? That opportunity has always been here.

Some stupidity just blows my mind

Last edited:

Dodge Man

Ok so I watched the Commissioners meeting today. When it got to the blind update portion the guy leading the meeting bragged about already receiving 5,000+ applications for the tier 2 blinds. He then said he would be entering and hoped to get drawn, so he could come here, hire a guide, eat at the local restaurants etc.

Why don't you just go hire a guide and hunt out of their blind that they guide out of year after year??? That opportunity has always been here.

Some stupidity just blows my mind
Kind of got under my skin that the only comments from commissioners were "shout outs" and pats on the back for the great job. I agree about the 2 that were excited to put in for the draw. But had no plans to hunting the blinds without help. 99% of the people in the past that hunted draw blinds did the work themselves and had the equipment to hunt the blinds. I can not imagine putting in to draw a public blind only to have to spend $1000+ for a guide, food and hotel. Only to find out that in a normal year this blind might have 10-15 good days and 50 days it doesn't kill anything. You get drawn for a hot weekend with bad weather you might not even see a duck.

Titanxd17

If you need to hire someone let me know west Tn only, or a private ark duck club, got plenty bunk rooms at our duck camp all the decoys. Serious but not serious😏.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
The final line is the feds. Not trying to steal the thread, but we've had over 20 years of great production. Well, now its sliding. Watch, a 45 day season is coming. .
If next spring the PPH region gets good moisture, it'll be a bumper crop production year. Drought cycles are good long-term.

Displaced_Vol

Yeah it really depends on what they're looking for? Season structure is largely out of their control so comments for comments sake is a waste of time and resources. If they want input on how they manage for waterfowl hunting to include public hunting opportunities I'd say they're going to get their fill. Maybe that's what they want? Are there folks on staff that see issues and need to demonstrate to the commission they've made some boneheaded decisions in the last 12 months? Don't know, I'll send them some notes but I'm just an OOSer.

I do agree that it's not really useful to rant and rave in this but provide qualitative & quantitative reasons it could be better. Just my .02

MickThompson

If next spring the PPH region gets good moisture, it'll be a bumper crop production year. Drought cycles are good long-term.
Drought is also an opportunity for farmers to drain and convert ground that would otherwise be too wet to put equipment on. And CRP up there got hayed pretty hard. Not good for duck production.

Latest posts