• Help Support TNDeer:

TWRA to regulate gaffed fish

Doskil

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

WTM

MickThompson":2zis68o5 said:
WTM":2zis68o5 said:
what is a gaff?

A sharpened hook that’s commonly used for landing catfish usually. I didn’t realize people were releasing fish they’d gaffed but apparently so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ah, what they use for saltwater. i wonder if people been killing big stripers using them and some complained.

Pilchard

Good for TWRA. I can think of no legitimate reason to gaff a fish you aren’t going to keep.

IMO, if you can’t grab your catch with bare or gloved hands, you shouldn’t be fishing.

Not that it applies to TN, but I believe the same rule should be applied to all saltwater fisheries as well.

Dbllunger

Supporter
I don't think I have ever seen a gaff used in freshwater before but apparently it happens. I agree with the proposed regulation. Once gaffed, a fish will die.

Hoppi84

Snagging paddlefish on the mississippi river back in Illinois we use to gaff the snot outta bighead and Asian carp...

Latest posts