TWRA this one is for you

Skully

So Im going to Grandjunction this weekend and stop off at the Walmart in Oakland to get my liscense. The guy in front of me says I need a small game, muzzleloader, gun, and a type 94 liscense. The guy working the counter says do you have your drivers liscense? The guy says no I dont have one but I have my liscense from last year. Guy at the counter says that will work. I thought you had to provide a picture ID with your address on it? This guy could have been a fellon or using someone elses liscense from last year and now is legal to hunt as a resident in the state of Tennessee. Ok so I get to the counter give him my drivers liscense and say I need a muzzleloader liscense and he says do you want a type 94 liscense? I reply no, he then tells me I cant shoot a doe unless I have it. I responded I can kill whatever the daily bag limit is and he says no you can't. I turn around to see where the candit camera people were going to pop out and the guy behind me tells him sir you are wrong. We argue back and forth and I say so youre telling me during bow season I can't kill a doe unless I buy a type 94 liscense and he says thats right. Please tell me this clown was wrong. I asked him to get out his hunting season guide and he didnt even have one. I know for a fact Sam Walton rolled over in his grave.

travle

well since you say you're in West TN i'm going to assume you're in Unit L... during bow and muzzleloader season you can kill 3/day without the type 94. When gun season starts November 17 you need the type 94 to even kill a doe then you can still kill 3/day. As for the license without a photo id i have never shown my driver's license only my last years hunting license.

travle

i've never understood the concept of the type 94 license for gun season. Is it TWRA's way of trying to protect possible pregnant does by them believing that the majority that hunt won't buy the license, and so they can't kill a doe? Or is it just another way to add some cash to the budget?

m411b

No need for a type 94 on private property. YOUR private property!

travle

i'm with tntaxidermist. Though I do buy my license there, but I would in no way let them tell me what license i do need.

Latest posts