TWRA Sergeant Chris Combs's

Sako

Why has he not been fired....? Does the TWRA support this kind of poaching that their own officers do?

Sako

Nothing like a law enforcement officer breaking the laws they tasked with enforcing... SCN... all you have to do is look and you can see the info about it. Caught hunting under a corn feeder on the juvi turkey hunt with his two kids (nothing like teaching the next generation to poach and break laws or should I say to get in the right place where you can break them) and the kids had already killed turkeys prior to being caught trying to kill more

Sako

I have zero knowledge of this issue. If you are concerned, your question is probably best directed to the Major in Region 3.
No I posted it here to see what the responses of the TWRA people on here would be...

scn

I'm not sure I would trust any info from someone that has welched on a debt to me. I've learned over the years about passing judgement without having good info. Thus, I have no opinion.

I think there may have been one actual TWRA person answer something on this forum in the past six months, but not more than that. So, I sort of doubt you will get a bite.

fairchaser

There always bad apples. Most are good law abiding servants of the people. However, there are a few police officers on power trips or ego centric and become LEO to break and bend the laws to their favor. I've personally know of a game officer who routinely broke game laws and even poached. It's been decades and I hope he's gone now. They give all law enforcement a bad name. But they are only a few. Every profession has them. Even mine has its Bernie Madoff's.

Sako

There always bad apples. Most are good law abiding servants of the people. However, there are a few police officers on power trips or ego centric and become LEO to break and bend the laws to their favor. I've personally know of a game officer who routinely broke game laws and even poached. It's been decades and I hope he's gone now. They give all law enforcement a bad name. But they are only a few. Every profession has them. Even mine has its Bernie Madoff's.
I agree but what is truly telling is how the agency handles it... It will be interesting to see what they do about or do not do about this

Sako

I'm not sure I would trust any info from someone that has welched on a debt to me. I've learned over the years about passing judgement without having good info. Thus, I have no opinion.

I think there may have been one actual TWRA person answer something on this forum in the past six months, but not more than that. So, I sort of doubt you will get a bite.
I certainly have never welched on a dept with you... I have never even had any type of dealings with you

Sako

I guess missed a link showing this supposedly person convicted of this? Or do you have the pictures?
Actually I was able to finally talk with someone with the TWRA today and they confirmed that yes... Chris Combs TWRA employee and Sergeant (boss) did get caught hunting turkeys under a corn feeder with his kids.

timberjack86

Heard someone at work that claims to know the officer in question and is quite convinced this is true. It would be in the officers best interest if some light would come to this issue if it's not true and explain the situation.

Sako

Heard someone at work that claims to know the officer in question and is quite convinced this is true. It would be in the officers best interest if some light would come to this issue if it's not true and explain the situation.
The TWRA person I talked to stated it was true... and had very serious doubts that anything would be done about it

Latest posts