TWRA Questions

recurve60#

Not to be contrite, but if we don't have TWRA personel responding here to legal questions, it seems this part of the forum serves no purpose other than opinions that can lead astray. Just sayin

eddie c

I agree. Before the new ownership, a question was asked, proper answer given then the thread was locked. Now it's just like the general forum.

Charger

I agree.
Some people need to read the 4 post down if you not TWRA Then don't respond.
But instead I get a ( why don't he ask)
And I thought this was a awesome group with great people on it.

Spurhunter

I agree.
This is an awesome group with great people. The one you are referring to hasn't been here much over a month. Don't let one smart azz define the whole group for you. Your comment is insulting to all the good folks here.

Charger

This is an awesome group with great people. The one you are referring to hasn't been here much over a month. Don't let one smart azz define the whole group for you. Your comment is insulting to all the good folks here.
Thank you.
But as you know I'm new here and yes I jump the gun I wasn't trying to bash no one. I'm sorry for my comment.
But I ask a question and I get that and with me being new my thoughts on this site make me wonder.
But I'm open minded and won't take it to heart and thank you for your reply it help.

Spurhunter

Thank you.
But as you know I'm new here and yes I jump the gun I wasn't trying to bash no one. I'm sorry for my comment.
But I ask a question and I get that and with me being new my thoughts on this site make me wonder.
But I'm open minded and won't take it to heart and thank you for your reply it help.
Stick around. You'll be glad you did. Some of the finest people I've ever met came from this site.

Jcalder

I agree.
I almost posted on your thread, and it wouldn't have been much better than the response you got. But. The subject it quite touchy and false information could land someone much more in trouble than they already are/were. In those cases, it would have been much better asking an attorney willing to represent said person or twra themselves. Most of here would just speculate without actually knowing. And depending on how the sentencing was wrote out, or any conditions set from the courts, none of us could give a valid answer.

scn

Your question isn't really a TWRA question as it involves none of the TWRA statutes. It is better asked by your friend to a person in his local District Attorney General's office as they would be the ones prosecuting him if he violates those state and federal laws. I would attempt to get a response in writing where I could have a copy with me while using the gun to show to any law enforcement officer that has questions.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
I will on occasion answer something in this forum, but if and when I do, I try to have a link to actual documentation or I am providing a phone number to the Region Office. The folks at the Region Offices usually are pretty good at having an answer, or they know who to direct it to to get you an answer.

Monk74

Not to be contrite, but if we don't have TWRA personel responding here to legal questions, it seems this part of the forum serves no purpose other than opinions that can lead astray. Just sayin
They're on here. You can bet you lifetime sportsman's license on that. I don't understand the need to be so secretive though. Secrets create distrust. I have a question. With hunter numbers and revenue declining, why do children have to pay for a license. It's not like 12 year old's can work a job. Why not every child under 16-17 get a free pass on hunting and fishing? That's the best way to insure the future of our sport... if that's really their end goal.

Safari Hunt

If I have a question, I call a couple of TWRA officers. I read somewhere that a 12 year old in NY state can't even hold a firearm. So how are they to hunt? Look at the license costs for all age groups. It is much cheaper than playing 18 holes of golf with a cart.
To counter the loss of hunters and anglers, this is a program that TWRA has started.
https://www.tn.gov/twra/twra-outdoors-blog/2020/10/2/what-is-r3.html

Last edited:

RecurveShooter

This forum got started prior to TWRA developing its social media presence on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and so on. TWRA now has other online outlets to deliver "official" responses to questions. Times have changed and you will not likely see TWRA employees on TNDEER posting in their official capacity as an agency employee. SCN has been very generous with his time attempting to answer questions and point folks in the right direction even though he is retired. I am very thankful for that.

ghostfive

If I have questions for TWRA I ask in a message on Facebook and have always gotten prompt replies. I have also called and spoken with the head of whichever department I needed to speak to and they have always taken the time to help if they can.

Latest posts