TWRA on the NitroFire

GMB54

I think that is the entire point. When you make the Fiddlestick legal, why not go all the way and then change the name of the season. I cant imagine why i would buy a "semi muzzleloading" rifle vs a single shot 45/70, 350 Legend or 450 Bushmaster for less. A CVA Hunter or even a Traditions Outfitter G3 can be had for under $400.

Doskil

Probably a disadvantage as it uses a proprietary cartridge to go bang.

If you can't find them in stock , out of luck

Compared to a regular muzzleloader which can use a variety of powder and bullets

Last edited:

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
Try again, Traditions IS Ardesa. Same company.

Not sure how that even remotely helps your point other than the Electra is long gone and forgotten. Just another straw you are pulling on to no avail. ANY smokeless rated rifle ive seen can use subs or real black. That is pretty obvious.

You have zero clue about what 888 is or is not. No one does atm beside IMR/Hodgdon and Federal. They just acquired Blackhorn209 so for all we know whatever was in the Fiddlestick may be something different soon....Got a SDS on the Fiddlestick?

Calling a rifle a rifle is not criticizing...its simply not a muzzleloader.....Loads powder from the breech so its not. Spin it all you want because its all you got. Lehigh has one too and im fond of Lehigh. I said the same thing to Tom and Dave.....Pull out another straw. Theirs even produces as good or better velocity from the data ive seen using a shorter barrel. Cost per Lehigh "fiddlestick"....about a buck each.
He posted in a non political forum, but it's political and he chimes in.

Hunter 257W

I'd say that it IS a muzzle loader because the bullet is still loaded from the muzzle. It's not going to be any faster to load because of that plastic cartridge compared to loading pellets from a speed loader.

Now I'll also say that it doesn't seem worth it to me unless you hunt in the rain most of the time. Also having an expendable item that is essential to fire a gun leaves the shooter very vulnerable to a manufacturer suddenly stopping production and leaving the gun owner with a useless paper weight. I got into the same situation with my NEF muzzle loader and the plastic primer carriers that they stopped selling years ago. Fortunately I anticipated it and bought about 75 of the carriers before the went out of production. With this Traditions gun though it's worse because you are buying a low volume production precharged cartridge rather than a simple injection molded primer carrier. $2 a shot for just powder is bad. I'll bet you could reload them pretty easy. Some kind of wad to hold the powder in is all you need. You'd lose the water proof feature but how often do you really need that anyhow?

Doskil

Both Virginia and North Carolina succumbed to the lobbying and money and legalized this gun for hunting during "muzzleloader" seasons

mike243

They might as well set s season and a limit , use bow muzzle loader rifle or a sex rock, they ever open it to straight wall cartridges in muzzy season I will just use the winmag lol, $ and political pandering has got more crap passed than we will ever know just ask the NRA

sun

Both Virginia and North Carolina succumbed to the lobbying and money and legalized this gun for hunting during "muzzleloader" seasons
I can't find any info. about it, can you share a link to an article or a forum discussion about it?
How did you hear about it?

BullDawg Bill

The definition has changed, this is now legal:

7. Muzzleloading firearms are defined as those firearms in which a projectile (rifle) or projectiles (shotgun) must be loaded from the muzzle (front) end of the barrel and the firearm being of design and manufacture that prevents the projectile(s) from being loaded from the breech (rear) end.

BullDawg Bill

The definition has changed, this is now legal:

7. Muzzleloading firearms are defined as those firearms in which a projectile (rifle) or projectiles (shotgun) must be loaded from the muzzle (front) end of the barrel and the firearm being of design and manufacture that prevents the projectile(s) from being loaded from the breech (rear) end.

sneakybow

Folks can knock the company and the rifle all they want.
It's legal for use in 14 states and you can't change that.
A guy on Facebook bought one at Walmart and has posted the following about it since receiving it::

"shoots like a dream. Very tight groups off hand too."

"This shoots and groups!! No hesitation between tigger pull and actually firing. Tigger pull, I would say is maybe 4lbs, has some creep but man this this is nice, shot it 15 times yesterday, no misfire primers anymore."

"Took 2 does tonight at 150 yds" [with] "Federal bore lok"

And he posted a photo of 2 large does that he legally harvested in his state of Oklahoma.
The name of the Facebook group page is "Modern Muzzleloader".
Feel free to join the group and tell the guy in person using your real name how much money that he has wasted and how wrong he is for harvesting does legally in his own state.
Why do folks worry about the hunting laws in states where they don't even live.
Why do you care what other people think? It doesn't meet the definition of a muzzleloader. Pretty simple. Tennessee isn't Oklahoma. Tiger King is from Oklahoma too. People who are confused about what a muzzleloader is are the same people who can't define a woman either.

Latest posts