TWRA is stirring the pot..........again!

SSlater

Lots of good points made here.

As fas as trespass it should carry death sentence to be carried out instantly.
I am so sick of people getting "lost" or "turned around " on my property!

I actually had an idiot tell me that the lake on my property was public land because it's on the map!! I told him my house was on the map to come back at midnight and see if he could spend the night. BTW same idiot that told my wife the same story months ago. Still trying to fish. Idiot.
Sounds like he's related to my neighbor with the infinite acre because "we never saw the people who lived in your house before you." 🙄

Setterman

Twra has lost its usefulness. They've mismanaged the turkey flock so badly that it's hard to believe it wasn't intentional. They took what was world class hunting and turned it mediocre at best.

The fisheries management and especially cold water management is atrocious. Hell one of their main trout guys can't even identify trout species. Their mismanagement of the Clinch has rendered it a shell of what it used to be, and they're doing nothing to improve it.

DeerCamp

Twra has lost its usefulness. They've mismanaged the turkey flock so badly that it's hard to believe it wasn't intentional. They took what was world class hunting and turned it mediocre at best.

The fisheries management and especially cold water management is atrocious. Hell one of their main trout guys can't even identify trout species. Their mismanagement of the Clinch has rendered it a shell of what it used to be, and they're doing nothing to improve it.
I whole heartedly disagree with the approach to CWD.

But I think most of TWRA is well intentioned and generally ok.

Tough to balance keeping people happy

BSK

I totally support the twra but they should follow the same laws as other law enforcement agencies.
^^^^
This

I'm a supporter of the agency. I've certainly had my serious beefs with their deer management rules (and still do), but I support the agency as a whole. Now if I find cameras placed on my property without my consent, that would be a new ballgame.

Mescalero

TWRA isn't "stirring the pot." The TN AG is arguing in this case that the open fields doctrine should apply under the TN Constitution. It clearly is an exception under the 4th Amendment to the US Constitution's right against unreasonable search and seizure without probable cause and a warrant. It's my understanding that TN lower courts and the Federal Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals have ruled that the open fields doctrine does NOT apply under the TN Constitution. A complicating factor in this case is there was to some degree US Fish & Wildlife Service involvement. Thus, a question presented is whether TWRA game wardens can rely on the open fields doctrine if feds are also involved?

Nothing is as simple as you guys think it is.

deerhunter10

This. I was never not a supporter of them til about 7 to 10 years ago. The reaction or lack there of to turkeys has turned my opinion of them in a very negative light. Throw the cwd mess in there for deer and some of the other things. Makes you scratch your head and wonder why they have jobs. But the turkeys is inexcusable to me.

Latest posts