Twra has caved again

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
What's different? Its always said load projectiles from the muzzle.
The wording used to be loaded from the muzzle, meaning powder and projectiles. With this change, the projectile has to be loaded from the muzzle, but the powder(cartridge) can be loaded from the breech.

DeerCamp

My takeway here is it's pretty much open season here now in unit CWD. Rifle's through Jan 31, 3 buck limit, earn a buck for antlerless.

"There's a disease that's killing deer, so let's kill em instead"

knightrider

For all the doesnt hurt nothing, no big deal, blah blah, it means yet again they caved to a paticular group for one thing for no reason, same as no changes unless a biological reason which weve seen done a bunch. Keep letting them lie to you

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
For all the doesnt hurt nothing, no big deal, blah blah, it means yet again they caved to a paticular group for one thing for no reason, same as no changes unless a biological reason which weve seen done a bunch. Keep letting them lie to you
Kinda like the same way nobody gave two squirts what they were doing to the duck blind draw and everyone called duck hunters crybabies.

swd

Probably sell my
Muzzy once we are cwd positive anyways. We are already high risk. While I love my muzzy, I won't be carrying it once it's legal to use rifle instead
I put in for muzzleloader quota hunts outside the CWD zone. Other than that, mine stays in the vault these days.

redblood

My takeway here is it's pretty much open season here now in unit CWD. Rifle's through Jan 31, 3 buck limit, earn a buck for antlerless.

Yep. To stop a disease that Could kill all the deer we need to Kill all the deer. TWRA has to be smarter than this. These attempts have always failed on stopping the disease, but these measures have always succeeded at killing hunting and hunter morale in these areas.

muddyboots

I figure we 3 or 4 more good seasons. My buddies in McNairy already singing the blues from the kill 'em all mentality. I predict twra will be broke in the next few years. Jacked up turkey season and fixing to do deer season. No need to spend money on a license. Hunting won't b worth it.

Harold Money jr

Playing devils advocate here….Just like every change that happens to our regulations for better or worse HAS TO COME THROUGH THE COMMISSION. The county officers and wma managers I hear voted collectively to not change the definition of a muzzleloader.

megalomaniac

Most of my biggest TN bucks, and my biggest buck ever ( from MS) were killed with a muzzleloader. Yet I feel no sense of pride or accomplishment having used it over any other modern firearm I've used to kill my other bucks. I feel I've accomplished much more with the deer I've killed with a pistol and certainly a bow than those I've killed with modern muzzleloaders.

Maybe I need to go back to my early 80s ML roots.... patch round ball, black powder, open sights. Shots back then were limited to 75 yards. But I certainly ly crippled a few more deer with that original muzzleloader than my encores.

Headhunter

Most of my biggest TN bucks, and my biggest buck ever ( from MS) were killed with a muzzleloader. Yet I feel no sense of pride or accomplishment having used it over any other modern firearm I've used to kill my other bucks. I feel I've accomplished much more with the deer I've killed with a pistol and certainly a bow than those I've killed with modern muzzleloaders.

Maybe I need to go back to my early 80s ML roots.... patch round ball, black powder, open sights. Shots back then were limited to 75 yards. But I certainly ly crippled a few more deer with that original muzzleloader than my encores.
I purchased a flintlock last year.

Sako

If I did not have a smokeless Savage ML-II I would buy one of the new fire stick guns... it was stupid for them to not allow them from the beginning... you always had to load something from the breech... i.e. either a primer or powder (flintlock).... so instead of just putting a primer in there, you are now loading primer and powder... so what... actually make the gun safer in the long run and allows you to lead a bullet in the chamber over a period of time and not have to worry about the powder charge... One of the few changes I think the TWRA got right

JeepKuntry

As CWD continues east, expect more changes. It wouldn't hurt my feels to have archery till juvy, then firearms following juvi weekend.

killingtime 41

At this point in time. What's the difference in yardage and accuracy or a modern rifle vs modern muzzleloader. Nothing is the answer. Do you think they made muzzleloader and rifle season separate over time it took to load. No they made it cause a muzzleloader was maybe good to 100 yards. And that was a very long shot then. Say 20 years ago or so. They do seasons separations by the accuracy of said weapon. That's why it's always been archery first then muzzleloader then rifle. 40 yards 100 yards then regular rifle 300 yards. Why even have it like that anymore.

Latest posts