TWRA done tired of hearing it

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Well reckon where most folks are at that wanted a 1 or 2 buck limit? I input nothing about any duck hunting as I don't live close enuff to partake lol, I would be hooked on it as I love shooting at stuff flying. but look out a 2 Duck limit might get passed soon so everybody can have some birds lol
I wouldn't doubt that a bit man.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
With the way some of these blinds have been set up, I doubt anyone would kill a two duck limit.

Really disappointed in the whole thing.
Yep.

What is really gonna suck is when / if they burn 34 after the season they will kill the trees around it just like they did at Tiggret or however you spell it.
Gonna ruin a historically good spot.

Last edited:

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
Nobody likes seeing copy+paste gibberish on every post about kids and 91-year old grandmas killing deer. At one point even commenters were sick of the attempted hijacking, and started posting derogatory memes about the copypastas.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Nobody likes seeing copy+paste gibberish on every post about kids and 91-year old grandmas killing deer. At one point even commenters were sick of the attempted hijacking, and started posting derogatory memes about the copypastas.
Nobody likes the fiasco that they created either.
I would say they got tdubs attention though.

Granted all they did was take their ball and go home but still.

Displaced_Vol

Well what all this leads me to now is the fact that TWRA pushed forward this new deal under the guise that there was some broad based hunter support behind the effort. The surveys these agencies send out generally lead to whatever answers they're looking for anyway so I don't know if they had some deep dive statistical data to back that claim up, but it's awful damn hard to ignore the public outcry since this was implemented. And now instead of responding and pivoting based on blatantly obvious hunter sentiment it's "you're not allowed to talk about it because of rules"… and the relentless copy and paste was annoying and detracted from their communication efforts via social media, but shouldn't that make them take pause and wonder how to address it instead of how do we silence it?
It's a slippery slope for them I'm afraid when they try to pointedly censor some comment but not others. They're not in the business of PR management and censorship and by listing specific infractions it opens them up to more heartburn in the future.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Well what all this leads me to now is the fact that TWRA pushed forward this new deal under the guise that there was some broad based hunter support behind the effort. The surveys these agencies send out generally lead to whatever answers they're looking for anyway so I don't know if they had some deep dive statistical data to back that claim up, but it's awful damn hard to ignore the public outcry since this was implemented. And now instead of responding and pivoting based on blatantly obvious hunter sentiment it's "you're not allowed to talk about it because of rules"… and the relentless copy and paste was annoying and detracted from their communication efforts via social media, but shouldn't that make them take pause and wonder how to address it instead of how do we silence it?
It's a slippery slope for them I'm afraid when they try to pointedly censor some comment but not others. They're not in the business of PR management and censorship and by listing specific infractions it opens them up to more heartburn in the future.
They failed to learn the lesson my dad taught me a long time ago.
When you find yourself in a hole, QUIT DIGGING.

Now, all the ones that were posting the copy / paste deal are tagging twra in every meme post they make about it. LOL

They will never admit they were wrong. Just hoping we can get the tier bs stopped by next year.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
I have to wonder, since the 42 blind grab was passed as a pilot program, if the new Commission/Comissioners will take a look at it and listen to the feedback they have been given from the past 2 seasons and decide that it isn't working and make changes back to what has predominately worked for years, or if they will decide that the changes didn't go far enough and they need more blinds to get a better feel for the next two years. I think 2022 is the year for rule setting proposals for the next 2 seasons. Guess we'll see if they come up with a limit drop or shorter season, or some other changes to take our attention off the blind grab and give something else to fuss about.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I have to wonder, since the 42 blind grab was passed as a pilot program, if the new Commission/Comissioners will take a look at it and listen to the feedback they have been given from the past 2 seasons and decide that it isn't working and make changes back to what has predominately worked for years, or if they will decide that the changes didn't go far enough and they need more blinds to get a better feel for the next two years. I think 2022 is the year for rule setting proposals for the next 2 seasons. Guess we'll see if they come up with a limit drop or shorter season, or some other changes to take our attention off the blind grab and give something else to fuss about.
I figure whatever they can do to F it up even more that's what they will do.
Again, I just pray we can get it done away with.

Last edited:

West_Tn

The surveys these agencies send out generally lead to whatever answers they're looking for anyway so I don't know if they had some deep dive statistical data to back that claim up
I actually received the survey they sent out that was done by the University of Tennessee. I am the only one that I personally know of that did receive it. The way the majority of the questions were worded, and it being multiple choice so you had to pick one of the answers it gave you, it was very very hard to answer in a way that was against the change. The survey was extremely biased and I could immediately tell what their agenda was. Right after I took the survey I text our group and told them to watch TWRA was about to make some big changes and not for the better.

bloodtrailing

This is the same group wanting to study the turkey population more before they react to a declining population. Same group that advertises, like you would a business, to out of state hunters with state funds. Hmmmmm.

Dodge Man

With the way some of these blinds have been set up, I doubt anyone would kill a two duck limit.

Really disappointed in the whole thing.
I think one of the biggest issues with the people hunting 2-3 day blind are going to be competing next to 60 blinds that will be running 500-1200 decoys and tons of motion. The guys hunting 2-3 days are going to come in with a few bags of decoys and 1-2 mojos. It will be hard to compete.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
I think one of the biggest issues with the people hunting 2-3 day blind are going to be competing next to 60 blinds that will be running 500-1200 decoys and tons of motion. The guys hunting 2-3 days are going to come in with a few bags of decoys and 1-2 mojos. It will be hard to compete.
One thing I have said all along since this mess started.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled

Genuine question: what if every blind had only several bags of dekes? Would ducks bypass the whole property? Would they gravitate toward the better spots on property, with the decoys merely serving to set up where they land? Or is it a "we have no idea" situation?

It's a counterfactual now, but might not be in just a few years if the overwhelming bulk of blinds become Tier 2's.

Quiet Mouse

This right here…. Real world experience and some common sense can't be beat

West_Tn

Genuine question: what if every blind had only several bags of dekes? Would ducks bypass the whole property? Would they gravitate toward the better spots on property, with the decoys merely serving to set up where they land? Or is it a "we have no idea" situation?

It's a counterfactual now, but might not be in just a few years if the overwhelming bulk of blinds become Tier 2's.
They would still gravitate towards the better locations on the property. Those spots have just always had giant spreads on them because they are worth putting out on those spots.

Latest posts