TWRA Agency Lakes -- Permit ?

TheLBLman

Did TWRA eliminate the Agency Lake permits?
I was looking for a friend who doesn't have a sportsman's license,
and couldn't find anything about their being required now.
Had no trouble finding this last year,
but cannot find on website this morning.

As an aside, I'm finding the TWRA website very user-unfriendly.
I almost gave up in trying to check in a turkey online,
as couldn't find where to do it.

eddie c

Found this through the app.
A daily lake permit of $6.00 (available at most lakes), in addition to the regular fishing license, is required to use these lakes. A lake permit is not required at Garrett and Whiteville lakes. All residents 16 through 64 years of age, and nonresidents 16 years of age or older must have this permit. Sportsman license and lifetime license holders do not need a lake permit. Resident anglers 65 years of age and older do not need a lake permit, but do need a fishing license. A $48.00 Annual Lake Permit may also be purchased at many of the lakes with concessionaires, and is good at all TWRA fishing lakes. For Coy Gaither-Bedford Lake, a daily lake permit should be purchased from a license agent in the surrounding area before going to the lake.

Alcoholic beverages are prohibited at all agency lakes.

Boats used for any activity other than fishing are prohibited, except for hunting on specific lakes during the regular hunting season as listed in the Tennessee Hunting Guide. Speed boating, personal water craft, water skiing, and swimming are prohibited. Houseboats, sailboats and inboard cruisers are prohibited. On Coy Gaither-Bedford, Marrowbone, VFW and Williamsport lakes, only trolling motors can be used.

Boats may be rented for $10.00 per day at some lakes on a seasonal basis. There is no charge for paddles.

TheLBLman

Found this through the app.
A daily lake permit of $6.00 (available at most lakes), in addition to the regular fishing license, is required to use these lakes. A lake permit is not required at Garrett and Whiteville lakes. All residents 16 through 64 years of age, and nonresidents 16 years of age or older must have this permit. Sportsman license and lifetime license holders do not need a lake permit. Resident anglers 65 years of age and older do not need a lake permit, but do need a fishing license. A $48.00 Annual Lake Permit may also be purchased at many of the lakes with concessionaires, and is good at all TWRA fishing lakes. For Coy Gaither-Bedford Lake, a daily lake permit should be purchased from a license agent in the surrounding area before going to the lake.

Alcoholic beverages are prohibited at all agency lakes.

Boats used for any activity other than fishing are prohibited, except for hunting on specific lakes during the regular hunting season as listed in the Tennessee Hunting Guide. Speed boating, personal water craft, water skiing, and swimming are prohibited. Houseboats, sailboats and inboard cruisers are prohibited. On Coy Gaither-Bedford, Marrowbone, VFW and Williamsport lakes, only trolling motors can be used.

Boats may be rented for $10.00 per day at some lakes on a seasonal basis. There is no charge for paddles.
Eddie, Thank You.

I absolutely could not find this on the TWRA website,
and don't "like" being regulated to the little screen on my smart phone
to use some android "app".
Still, can't find the actual permit to buy on the website,
so it didn't and is not being purchased.

TheLBLman

Go to https://gooutdoorstennessee.com/
Click Licensing
Click Purchase License
Go to the fishing license section, you want the type 193 TWRA State Lake Fishing.
Thank You, TNGunsmoke,
but when I do this (had already done),
that Type 193 TWRA State Lake Fishing permit does not show.

I may be doing something wrong, but it shouldn't be this hard to find, imo.

scn

Thank You, TNGunsmoke,

It didn't show for me, either. It may be because my lifetime license already covers it. But, some licenses do show, so I doubt it is that.

You have two other options when you can't get the website to work:

1. Go to a license agent. I suspect all counties have one.
2. Call License Sales at 615-781-5270 and order over the phone.

I agree, something is broken in their system. A call to License Sales might get a website upgrade going.

TheLBLman

It didn't show for me, either. It may be because my lifetime license already covers it. But, some licenses do show, so I doubt it is that.

You have two other options when you can't get the website to work:

1. Go to a license agent. I suspect all counties have one.
2. Call License Sales at 615-781-5270 and order over the phone.

I agree, something is broken in their system. A call to License Sales might get a website upgrade going.

Thanks, SCN.
I sometimes help less avid people I take hunting or fishing, and try to assist them in not over-looking anything. Unless someone is already very familiar with what they should need, they will find the TWRA website extremely frustrating to navigate. Actually, I am familiar with it, and find it extremely frustrating to navigate.

scn

The information is pretty clear and easy to find in the Fishing Guide.

I'm not sure why it doesn't show up on the actual site where you purchase the license online. It is good that there are a couple of other alternatives to using the website.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Thank You, TNGunsmoke,

It won't show if you already have it covered under another license. For me, I have a sportsmans, so it does not show. I had to log in under my wife's login to find it, as we usually only buy her a fishing license.

eddie c

Eddie, Thank You.

I absolutely could not find this on the TWRA website,
and don't "like" being regulated to the little screen on my smart phone
to use some android "app".
Still, can't find the actual permit to buy on the website,
so it didn't and is not being purchased.
You're welcome.
I get frustrated with the site and app also.
This time I hit "fishing" and found a sub link to TWRA lakes. I've noticed everything seems to be tied to a sub link.

TheLBLman

I finally found it. :)
Good.
It may be it wasn't showing for me because I didn't personally need it (having a Sportsman's license), as I just initially wanted to see exactly what my friend needed, then get his info, buy the permit for him, and take him fishing on a particular agency lake.

Sorry, Ruger, that particular friend wasn't you, and you're already an "avid" fisherman :)

Last year, I bought this same friend an annual agency permit, and he only went fishing with me one time. Considering it seems a relatively expensive permit that might make TWRA some much needed money, would think they would make accessing it extremely easy instead of hard to find.

I can guarantee you that most people who are not already serious fishermen are not going to pay this price (annual fee), and it's up to people like us to "introduce" them to both fishing and hunting. TWRA needs to make it easier for mentors to bring in more people more easily.

If you have have children or grandchildren, the best thing you can do is buy them a Lifetime Sportsman's License.

Latest posts