Two in one

Tn Cur

I've heard a few people over the years claim to have killed 2 toms in 1 shot. What are you suppose to to if that happens by accident?

G8rntn

Run!!! Kidding... I actually don't think they (GW) would cut u any slack. U should have waited for them to separate. Just my two cents though.

Southern Sportsman

If you were caught with 2 birds, you would definitely get a ticket. Even if the officer saw it happen in one shot. There are situations where it coukd happen to anybody, but it is almost always avoidable.

catman529

Hope it never happens to me. I don't want to pay a fine, or sneak two birds out. Some older guy on opening morning last year (public land) accidentally killed 2 jakes in one shot, left the other one and took one home, he seemed like a decent guy but didn't want to get caught so he left one to waste which kind of bugged me.

During the fall I will try to kill more than 1 bird in a shot but during the spring gotta make sure your bird is away from other birds before shooting, but I guess an unexpected accident could still happen...

Tn Cur

I believe it could be avoided but unexpected things do happen. Had a friend that recently took the hunter safety class and someone asked that question. The GW told them they shouldn't have been standing so close together. So I guess it really depends on the GW and what kind of mood he's in. I personally don't ever want to be in that situation.

drrxnupe

It happened to a buddy of mine a few years ago. He's a very upstanding and honest person and felt really bad. He decided to check 1 bird on that day and the second bird the next day. That way he technically didn't go over his quota and didn't leave a bird for waste.

Roost 1

CAMARO12 said:
drrxnupe said:
It happened to a buddy of mine a few years ago. He's a very upstanding and honest person and felt really bad. He decided to check 1 bird on that day and the second bird the next day. That way he technically didn't go over his quota and didn't leave a bird for waste.
But he's very upstanding and honest? :cool:

What is the right thing to do?? Accidents do happen.

Roost 1

CAMARO12 said:
Turn yourself in and throw yourself on the mercy of the court. I did. And the judge had mercy on me and dismissed the case. Some may call that stupid but at least I had a clear conscience about it.

Good deal... Glad it worked out for you. A buddy of mine accidently killed a hen at FC one yr and tried to do the right thing by taking to check station... He got a lifetime ban, fine, and lost gun..

Chaneylake

a guy in my hunting club took a juvenile last year on another piece of property, the juvi killed 2 with one shot, they put picture on FB, a little later they called GW, it went to court and the adult was fined $600.00. the officer[female] tried to make a federal case out of it

drrxnupe

CAMARO12 said:
Turn yourself in and throw yourself on the mercy of the court. I did. And the judge had mercy on me and dismissed the case. Some may call that stupid but at least I had a clear conscience about it.

I commend you on that.

The point I was making is that at least my friend didn't go beyond 4 birds that year. He did tag out, including the two for one.

tasaman

Chaneylake said:
a guy in my hunting club took a juvenile last year on another piece of property, the juvi killed 2 with one shot, they put picture on FB, a little later they called GW, it went to court and the adult was fined $600.00. the officer[female] tried to make a federal case out of it

Pictures taken with phones have the location embedded in the meta data and can be looked up when and where it was taken. If you accidentally did something illegal don't do something as stupid as giving them evidence against you. If you want a picture take it with a regular camera or turn the GPS on your phone off.