Turkey ?

dr

Anyone seeing a decline in turkey sightings? I'm not a turkey hunter, mostly just deer, and hogs. I used to see a dozen or more turkey nearly every hunt. But, haven't seen any the last two years. We have 4 or 5 bears frequenting the area. I'm wondering if this might be why we aren't seeing turkey anymore. Deer sightings also seem to be down.

Rakkin6

2-Step Enabled
Anyone seeing a decline in turkey sightings? I'm not a turkey hunter, mostly just deer, and hogs. I used to see a dozen or more turkey nearly every hunt. But, haven't seen any the last two years. We have 4 or 5 bears frequenting the area. I'm wondering if this might be why we aren't seeing turkey anymore. Deer sightings also seem to be down.
I have seen a ton this year, both during deer season and driving around.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
I have seen several. I do just about every deer season. But I rarely see anything but a hen during season, and this on a farm that I am about the only one that tries to turkey hunt on.

dr

Thanks for the replys. I suspect bears, and coyote are raiding nests, and may be running turkey out of the area.Hoping it isn't State wide

deerfever

Thanks for the replys. I suspect bears, and coyote are raiding nests, and may be running turkey out of the area.Hoping it isn't State wide
Go to the long beard and spurs section on this forum there are more pictures of turkeys and talk of great hatches then I have ever seen on this site. I hope things pick up in your area!

dr

Go to the long beard and spurs section on this forum there are more pictures of turkeys and talk of great hatches then I have ever seen on this site. I hope things pick up in your area!
Thanks

Latest posts