Turkey vest?

TheAirMan

I don't know about what's best. I have been using a RedHead Striker for years. Its has call specific pockets and pockets for other gear and it has a place for a hydration bladder. Its only like $40 at Bass Pro. I like this vest because all but the little mesh mouth call pocket has a flap or zipper. I don't like vest that have no way to shut a pocket up.

THE ONE

TurkeyBurd said:
Bought Waddell's online- piece of crapp.

I'll re-sell it if someone wants to buy it.
I cant believe u paid 1500 bucks for that thing on ebay i told you it looked worn out!

Setterman

I am wearing a Cabelas Tactical Tatr II, never thought that is what I would end up with, but after wearing almost every other one made, it seems to fit my goals the best.

BILLBENDER

Cabelas Speed Seat. It is not a vest but more of belt with call specific pockets. Great for runnin and gunnin. Used it all weekend and the weeks prior in scouting and absolutely love it. Does not have a big enough pocket for decoys but I rigged up an old decoy bag that works great. $60

WingNut

You don't need a vest. Knowing you, you need a military style backpack to carry all the accessories you have. I bought three at Wal-Mart last year for $6 a piece when the season was over. If one tears up got another.

REN

really vests are over priced and over rated these days TO ME. I have one with a metal frame so you can sit anywhere like sitting in a chair with no legs. that thing is so awesome it is not even funny but they dont sell it anymore for some reason (it is not the buckcreek one and has no "strap" system it is all done by a metal frame)

on that note i dont understand the need for all the stuff the new ones have. Who really needs 27 pockets to carry stuff??? i carry very few calls with me, sometimes decoys and a water bottle. All could fit is something much smaller.

just fine one that fits and is comfortable to walk around it. comfort should be the #1 priority.

REN

hahah yeah those chairs are a JOKE!

Fishboy goes with me sometimes and he use to carry a dang BEACH CHAIR with him HAHAHAHAHAH I think i finally laughed at him enough that he threw it away.

TurkeyBurd

I have to disagree.

Cabelas Gobbler Lounger works pretty well for me.

Makes that two hour hunt or longer much more easier to endure.

Keeps my 240 pound butt high and dry as well.

My opinion. Thanks

REN said:
hahah yeah those chairs are a JOKE!

Fishboy goes with me sometimes and he use to carry a dang BEACH CHAIR with him HAHAHAHAHAH I think i finally laughed at him enough that he threw it away.

String Music

spitndrum said:
I was gonna buy a tactical tatr 2 but I heard it was heavy as all get out!
I got a cheapo from wally world!

I bought this one to use this year. I don't think it is heavy at all. The pockets are all well placed and the seat is awesome. Should have gone with it!

Setterman

String Music said:
spitndrum said:
I was gonna buy a tactical tatr 2 but I heard it was heavy as all get out!
I got a cheapo from wally world!

I bought this one to use this year. I don't think it is heavy at all. The pockets are all well placed and the seat is awesome. Should have gone with it!

It is not heavy at all, in fact it is very light and breathed better then the Ol" Tom sweat box I wore last year. The only complaint is the wasted left side of the vest, the stupid box call pocket is worthless for me, and it would be better if that side was identical to the other side. I am working on a fix with Cabelas currently to this issue.