Turkey sounds at night

catman529

Don't usually get near the roost at night but have heard the occasional gobble in the pitch black before the sky lightens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catman529

If something wakes em up I wouldn't be surprised if they cluck and purr at each other saying something is down there

ridgehunter

catman529":nevxyvz2 said:
Don't usually get near the roost at night but have heard the occasional gobble in the pitch black before the sky lightens.

I just step out on the back poarch to let my dog used the bath room and I could hear what sounded just like a hen purring and clucking.

catman529

ridgehunter":qrvob91o said:
catman529":qrvob91o said:

I just step out on the back poarch to let my dog used the bath room and I could hear what sounded just like a hen purring and clucking.
could have been a hen roosted nearby or even a frog or some other critter. The birds do cluck and purr when they are on roost and sense danger, so maybe it was a turkey seeing you let your dog out.

ridgehunter

It was within 50 yards of my back poarch,I am pretty sure it was a turkey.I first thought it was a tree frog,so I listen to it for a few minutes.I think it probably heard me open the door.

Oak

2-Step Enabled
We were frog gigging one night last summer and had some tree yelping in the trees above a pond we were on. It was well after sunset and at first we thought it was a tree frogs.

Latest posts