Turkey Season 2021

Stumpsitter

Hunt the WMA's mid day if the law allows. I'm generally heading in when the idiots are leaving. I've killed plenty of birds those idiots have chased and booger'd up from day light till 9:00.
I've had some excellent hunts from 10 o'clock to mid afternoon. I won't hunt in crowds. To dangerous.

BigRed1080

I am looking forward to my first spring turkey season as an adult in Middle TN. I killed a bird as a kid 10 years ago, but honestly I was just there with grandpa and the trigger man. Hoping to grab my first bird on my own. Then maybe just hunt around and get familiar with ground and not be another idiot in the woods lol.

Coker

I have duck season until the end of January but it has been a crap shoot this year. No weather or ducks. TN turkey season doesn't open until April 3rd. Up until then, i will take all my deer stands and cameras down, look for sheds and scout for Turkey. I will find something to do outdoors. Probably go crappie fishing in mid March as well.........

Andy S.

A few counties in southern middle will start about 2 weeks later then the April 3rd date. :(
Same can be said for the new extreme west TN Mississippi Alluvial Valley "MAV Unit" (made up of Dyer, Lake, Lauderdale, Shelby & Tipton counties). For the MAV Unit and Giles, Lawrence, Lincoln and Wayne counties, Statewide opens April 17, with juvenile hunt being held April 10-11, 2021.

Gravey

TN only for me. In between will spend a weekend taking down some stands, safety straps, pull ropes etc. Wife and I like to go off-roading so will do a few rides before her son's baseball games kick off. My primary turkey spot is an hour and a half away so basically weekend only. Have one place close by but haven't seen much turkey sign.

wkyhunter

Want to start somewhere in March haven't decided where yet, trying to understand all the ins and outs of AL, GA and MS. After that will be TN and KY. May Hit IN during the last part of season. If anyone has any ideals, let me know.

catman529

Want to start somewhere in March haven't decided where yet, trying to understand all the ins and outs of AL, GA and MS. After that will be TN and KY. May Hit IN during the last part of season. If anyone has any ideals, let me know.
Some areas in Alabama only allow hunting till 1pm. Some are open all day. And some open a week or two later

th88

Some areas in Alabama only allow hunting till 1pm. Some are open all day. And some open a week or two later
Adding on to this...Alabama added some new 1PM closures for this spring to WMAs that previously didn't have them...So double check WMA regs if you hunt Bama!

Latest posts