Turkey meat = bargaining chip

REN

Traded some turkey meat for some crappie filets! Stuff is like currency if you know the right folks lol

a042a15ec3d95f05075978c117e1caa8.jpg

Joshua 24:15
"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."

Sent from my phone sucka

spoon

Wish Sardis was wide open on crappie like it was years ago. I'd have 25-30 quart bags full of filets now.

TheLBLman

I was wondering if the turkey breasts were worth saving, after being hit by 500 #9 TSS pellets! :D

Swapped you some "tenderized" wild turkey breasts for some crappie fillets, hey? :tu:

Seriously, how would you compare what's left of a turkey breast hit by a swarm of #9 TSS vs. larger pellets? Are you more likely to chip a tooth with the #9 TSS?

catman529

I give away deer and I cook and share turkey with friends but there isn't much meat on a turkey so I like to keep it to myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

REN

TheLBLman":m5uvhspn said:
I was wondering if the turkey breasts were worth saving, after being hit by 500 #9 TSS pellets! :D

Swapped you some "tenderized" wild turkey breasts for some crappie fillets, hey? :tu:

Seriously, how would you compare what's left of a turkey breast hit by a swarm of #9 TSS vs. larger pellets? Are you more likely to chip a tooth with the #9 TSS?

Actually the few pellets I've had hit the breast did a full pass through so there is no crunching on them. They pattern so well you actually get less breast hits in my experience

Boll Weevil

catman529":1602jrz0 said:
I give away deer and I cook and share turkey with friends but there isn't much meat on a turkey so I like to keep it to myself

Legs and thighs my good man...gotta maximize the meats!

catman529

Boll Weevil":17keg1ji said:
catman529":17keg1ji said:

Legs and thighs my good man...gotta maximize the meats!
I cook those too, but with 4 birds per spring and a couple in the fall, it doesn't compare to the amount of deer meat I can bring home and give away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheLBLman

REN":2ymqys4x said:
Actually the few pellets I've had hit the breast did a full pass through so there is no crunching on them. They pattern so well you actually get less breast hits in my experience
That's interesting & encouraging.
I knew there were less "flyers", but figured at 45-50 yards, the pattern would generally be large enough to "tenderize" the breast.

REN

TheLBLman":33w8kuhs said:
REN":33w8kuhs said:
That's interesting & encouraging.
I knew there were less "flyers", but figured at 45-50 yards, the pattern would generally be large enough to "tenderize" the breast.

I shot own this year over 40yds and I found 2 pellets and both went all the way through the breast and was in the other side skin.

I've said it before by after what I saw out of TSS this year I'll never shoot anything else in a 20

TNReb

TheLBLman":13z0hwft said:

Then one I killed with TSS (loaded by REN) had no shot left in the breast. I cleaned the breasts very very thoroughly and didn't find a thing. Ate them without breaking any teeth. Admittedly it was a 20 yard kill (very tight pattern).

Boll Weevil

catman529":1vlk5eob said:
it doesn't compare to the amount of deer meat I can bring home and give away.
True. Hands down.

With the price of beef these days, family and friends likely eat more deer than anything. About the only store bought meat anymore is chicken wings or a piece of pig every so often (so long as the fish cooperate).

Latest posts