Turkey Hunters

wgmac

Well i have decided to try turkey hunting, so my wife can have something to complain about (lol). But anyway, I am very new to this and was wondering if there is someone who doesn't have a youngster to take this sat. and is just inching to get out and fine tune there skills. I have a 10yr old who is wanting to go and I'm trying to up his chances of at least seeing a turkey from slim to none. We live in Mt.Juliet and as of right now we are going to try around priest in smyrna. I have a boat and will be trying some of the water access fields. I know The weather is not gonna be great but you can't get anything from the couch either. Thanks in advance. Mac

Bone Collector

Supporter
wgmac said:
Well i have decided to try turkey hunting, so my wife can have something to complain about (lol). But anyway, I am very new to this and was wondering if there is someone who doesn't have a youngster to take this sat. and is just inching to get out and fine tune there skills. I have a 10yr old who is wanting to go and I'm trying to up his chances of at least seeing a turkey from slim to none. We live in Mt.Juliet and as of right now we are going to try around priest in smyrna. I have a boat and will be trying some of the water access fields. I know The weather is not gonna be great but you can't get anything from the couch either. Thanks in advance. Mac

I can't call em too good, but I can tell you this. As long as it is not pouring rain (ya'll may not want to deal with that) and it is just a light drizzle to a light rain, your odds will go up. Couple that with the fact that Priest has a ton of turkeys and your odds of "seeing" a bird are pretty good.

Keep in mind that water access fields have road access too. The Farmer has to get his tractor in there somehow, so others may be there, plus you may get some competition from other boats. Get there early and Good luck!

Latest posts