TSS turkey loads

southernhunter

I was talking to a guy and he was telling me about them , said they was very easy to hand load . Any if y'all know anything about this , I'd never heard of it but said his 2 3/4 turkey loads was good in a 1100 remington to 60+ yards !

Grizzly Johnson

southernhunter said:
Yeah he said about 8 dollars a shell

You better bump it on up to $10-$12 a shell..... all just depends on where you get your shot from..... If I am not mistaken, last I knew of TSS prices, it was around $160 for 1lb of shot.

It loads like any other shell but you do need to know what your doing.... TSS is heavier so it will take less pellets to add up to the oz load your loading.... Most of the loaders I know use #8 & #9 size shot in their shells.....

In no way is it to justify taking longer shots, but to use more smaller pellets with the same energy of the larger pellets. The smaller the pellets, the tighter the shot pack. I have seen #8 & #9 patterns in the 350-400 hits in a 10"-20" circle at 40 yards.

It's a fine line between shot loads, powder charge, and shell construction.... you don't want to get too high of pressure or bodily injuries/gun damage can happen.... It's best to come up with your load and send it off to a lab and have it tested for safe operating pressures.

Also, TSS will like a more open choke tube.... more open than Hevi-13, and H-13 likes a more open choke than lead.

Rockhound

Grizzly Johnson said:
Rockhound said:
Dang it was $49 per lb from hal last year?

Are you sure about that, is that what you paid to Hal or what you read on OG written on someone elses word?

I would have swore that's what he quoted me in an email ill have to look and see maybe i read wrong. It was late in the season before i got my loading supplies so i didn't order any

Grizzly Johnson

I stand corrected according to the source.... not sure why I was thinking more, maybe I was hearing about something else in the conversation.

Right now it is ~$50 per lb.

Grizzly Johnson

Rockhound said:
:) had me scared for a minute thinking the price had jacked up lol

Me and Luvtofly was talking about it a while back thinking about what shot needed to be ordered.... I thought he said alot more but maybe he was talking about the order total and I just didn't catch the whole conversation....

I suffer from SHD at times..... Selective Hearing Disorder. :grin:

Latest posts