Truck ?

dr

dr

I'm looking for a used truck, and have found one that is listed as a 2009.5 year model. Is there a difference in a 2009, and a 2009.5 ? I've researched book values, and they only list 2009, and 2010 years, but no half year models which makes it difficult to get an accurate value. thanks

D

deer hunter 21

Half years means something changed midway through the year, it could be a big change or something very small, i use to have an 04.5 duramax, the reason for the half year was the regular 04 had an engine code of lb7 and 04.5 was lly, basically they had alot of left over lb7 engines and used them all before switching to the newer style. What kind of truck is it?

WG3

WG3

It could be considered either one. You will probably have to look at either the title or the sticker on the door of the truck. It was probably built in the middle of the year, which means it could be one of the last 2009 or one of the first 2010s.
Unless there was a major change, just check values on both and you will have an idea of the value. And I wouldn’t think it would be major, unless there was a big change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dr

dr

It's a Chevy with the Duramax. I didn't know if it would be worth more than a 2009, and why they had half year models . thanks

D

deer hunter 21

You will check the value of an 09 and just select the correct options for the truck to get an accurate value.research the net to find out why the half model year there has to be a change in design of something in order to have a half year.

Snake

Snake

My truck which is a 2003 Chevy Silverado Crew 4x4 and it is the .5 and when I have to have parts I have to mention that because alot of the times the 03 don't list my engine which is the 6.0 . H.D. I have had to take parts back because of that .