Trout on minnows

stik

we caught a bunch while crappie fishing when tellico was first flooded. i haven't really targeted trout with minnows but i don't see why not.

SES

I haven't personally fished with minnows for trout, but I saw a guy at the weir dam on the Clinch River wearing them out on minnows.

rbreedi1

Yes, minnows will catch trout however if Im on the move I dont like carrying a bucket of minnows around. Try those Gulp minnows on a small jighead, those are like trout candy.

B.D.

The smallmouth guys occasionally catch a big rainbow on Dale Hollow fishing with tuffy minnows in the winter.

Minnows will certainly work for trout bait.

bd

GRAMPS

R.I.P.
I have caught quiet a few trout on minnows while fishing at night on South Holston Lake. We always fish nightcrawlers deep for the trout and use minnows on a few rods about 15' deep for crappie and white bass. We usually catch a few trout on the shallow minnows during the night.

Bone Collector

I have used them on the caney and caught a bunch. Me and a buddy did it one time and had over 80 between the two of us. All caught and released. Brown trout were killing them. What we did was take one of those buckets you put in the water and we just let it drift with us when we moved. We also took a couple out and put them in our pockets. It did not matter that they were dead when we put them on the hook, in fact we ran the hook through the mouth, down through the stomach, and out the tail. Used a small split shot and cast into the holes. Then just waited till they hit it. Had a blast. Got heckled for using minnows by his dad, but we didn't care much. Most of the browns were 13-16" and a few rainbows in the same range. Good day needless to say.

Latest posts