Tropic Star Lodge - Panama

Snowwolfe

Giving serious consideration for the wife and I to visit next year. Curious if anyone here has any firsthand experiences with the lodge. If we go, we will be pursuing inshore species and not Marlin or sailfish

Last edited:

Setterman

Why would you all go to a world renowned billfish lodge and only fish inshore species? If you're after inshore species there are other places to go which might be more focused on that.

What species are you after?

Snowwolfe

Why would you all go to a world renowned billfish lodge and only fish inshore species? If you're after inshore species there are other places to go which might be more focused on that.

What species are you after?
Because we already did the Marlin and Sailfish thing in Costa Rica. If you never been, action can be really slow. If there are 4 people on the boat you take turns when hooked up. Some people may not even get a chance to experience one hook up.
Inshore offers way more action

Setterman

Because we already did the Marlin and Sailfish thing in Costa Rica. If you never been, action can be really slow. If there are 4 people on the boat you take turns when hooked up. Some people may not even get a chance to experience one hook up.
Inshore offers way more action
I totally get that, but your original post said inshore not offshore. What species are you targeting?

Pilchard

I have fished there on a private boat a few times. The snapper fishing is awesome. Big cuberas on poppers. Roosters as well.

We only fished inshore when it was too rough to fish for tuna and marlin. Food is amazing... Beware it's 100% a fishing lodge... If you aren't there just for the fishing, go back to Costa Rica.

Pilchard

There is a river just few miles south of the lodge that I fished the mouth of for snook. Caught some huge ones. I forget the name of it.

Not sure if you can get the lodge to take you there or not. We dropped the skiff off the bow of the big boat and ran down there on our own.

Latest posts