trophy currently on cnn

B

blondebear

cnn is playing a "documentary" entitled trophy.

big game hunting in africa and conservation.

i knew before it started it would somehow portray hunting in its worst possible light. after an hour i'm still watching a lot of baloney, but i have to see what they are feeding the sheep.

gtk

gtk

Administrator
Staff member
I started watching it but wife couldn't stand it, so I recorded it..

the part I did watch portrayed hunters as beer drinking cigarette smoking foul mouthed idiots with money.

Sniper

Sniper

I watched it, overall being on CNN it was more fairly based than I thought it would be.

The idiot on the croc hunt along with the outfitter that allowed that whole thing to take place 100% in the crap and poorly done, pathetic.

The elephant no problem but they were very sloppy and slow in finishing off the animal.

A lot of the antis did not want it aired because it drew the conclusion that hunting sustains wildlife populations. I wish they would have put more emphasis on poaching vs hunting.

Good to see the perspective of the local villagers, could have been more on that.

KPH

KPH

Supporter
Huntingnut":1i392w1n said:
I cant watch CNN no matter what they have on.
Me too. I just as soon do without news as watch them, you know when you turn them on how it is going to be.

P

pass-thru

There is an uncomfortable truth that trophy hunting...often canned....is sustaining preservation of wildlife in Africa.

But the dude talking about killing the red bird as a child...he does not represent me or my hunting ethic and I found him completely creepy.

Sniper

Sniper

pass-thru":1czaka9z said:
often canned

Being in the industry I would say that is not the truth but a few unethical decisions and practices by a small minority of Outfitters shines a poor light onto everyone.

B

blondebear

after trophy ended, walked away without changing the channel. sat back down and bourdain was on and i quickly noticed he was in africa. sure enough tanzania. didn't watch but for a few mins until he opened his big mouth and disparaged hunters . something about shooting the animals in the background in the head. in less than 3 seconds i flipped the channel. what a hypocrite, seen him stuff his face with all kinds of protein. for the record i did stop watching his show long ago when i found out his political views which he espoused on an increasing level on his cooking shows.

yep ,cnn scheduled a program with a negative hunting view following trophy.

FLTENNHUNTER1

FLTENNHUNTER1

gtk":3o0cvm5t said:
I started watching it but wife couldn't stand it, so I recorded it..

the part I did watch portrayed hunters as beer drinking cigarette smoking foul mouthed idiots with money.

I quit smoking many years ago ...LMAO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk