Tripod!

darn2ten

Buddy called me the other evening, said he was coming by to show me this buck. Said his father-in-law called him and told him there was this buck up the hill by the barn that was shot and crippled and needed to be put out of his misery. Well when he got there he said the deer was about 200 yds. and he thought another hunter had blown his front leg off. Then he noticed the doe he was trying to mess with and really didn't know what to think. When he got a clear shot he took it and this is what he found! Completely healed over like somebody sewed it up, no telling what happened to him or how long ago. Pretty amazing that he could survive the hills and predators, and on top of that still out trying to chase and breed a doe!
2012-11-25_17-51-17_305.jpg

stik

i saw a 3 legged buck several years ago(fresh wound). he just stood there like he was begging me to shoot him. i didn't see that he had a leg missing until he almost fell when he turned to walk off at which time i no longer had a shot. i felt bad for weeks knowing that deer had suffered and probably was a coyote victim. i was surprised to hear from Bowd's uncle later that summer that he was feeding in the field behind his house and seemed to be just fine.

Latest posts