Tripod Stands

Grnwing

I normally hunt out of climber but have some areas that a tripod could work but never used one and wanted to see what others had to say about them. I primarily bow hunt and looking for ways to set up on over grown fields with young trees that aren't big enough yet to support a climber. I would be looking at packing it in and out since I primarily hunt public lands. I'd also be curious how you conceal yourself up in the open. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated!

duckriver

We have 4 of the. Some are in corners of fields with trees on 2 sides, others are in fence rows out in the middle of two fields without anything around them. Belive it or not none have any blinds or anything around them. The only time deer pay them any attention is of they smell us. I think it's because they have been in the same place 5-7 years and they are used to seeing them there

Mike Belt

Someone had a good deal on one in the classified but I see it's been sold. I think his was some kind of Hawk Pod??? It was mounted on wheels and also serves as a deer cart. Pull it where you want it, tip it over and stand it up, and hunt around 9' off the ground. Great idea. I have had one for several years but mine is a Texas Tripod. Basically it's a 2 piece stand consisting of the tripod legs attached to a base and a swiveling seat (like a boat seat) that mounts on top. The seat section has an arm rest that is permanently attached to it that wraps 180 degrees around the seat. I also bought the shooting rest that attaches to that that completes the 360 degrees around the seat. I attached a camo blind around the entire rail. Mine weighs in at about 78 pounds, takes about 1.5 minutes to set up, and is about a 10'8" eye level. The cat's meow for hunting areas just as described above. You can only get mine out of Texas and because of the shape/size it has to be shipped freight. I'll be in mine come morning.

BULL MOOSE

ImThere":1dyl772i said:
I bought one off sportsman'sguide. It's 12 ft It weighs 66 lbs. i mounted wheels on it and wheel it in and out and can easily stand it by myself in about i min.
https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product ... #dtDetails

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sold the Millenium to muddyboots and i will get another one later. It is extremely light. I also had this same one from sportsmanguide. Don't leave this one outside....I did and it rusted and busted on both the seat, shooting rail, and ladder. Water got inside it and freezing busted it...I never even got to sit in it. I would love to see how you added wheels.

ZachMarkus

ImThere":11c1m0px said:
I bought one off sportsman'sguide. It's 12 ft It weighs 66 lbs. i mounted wheels on it and wheel it in and out and can easily stand it by myself in about i min.
https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product ... #dtDetails

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 2 of those, they are great stands and i can move them and stand them up by myself with no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Grnwing

I appreciate everyone's feedback.

I looked at the Hawk Pod with the wheels and looks good but may I think the wheels may not work well in some of the areas I access. The Texas Tripods looks really comfortable and a great set up but too heavy to carry in and out each hunt. I liked the Millennium T-100 at 36lbs seems very doable, however I don't like that the legs don't collapse or fold down to be a little more packable. Looks like I could possibly unscrew the bottom sections and collapse it down to 4ft plus the seat and might be easier to maneuver over longer hikes. I can just see myself loosing the hardware somewhere along the hike and not being able to use it all. Leaning towards the millennium, I may have to let go of some of my basspro points and order one.

Latest posts