Trigger Recommendations for Remington 700

Maude

I've used Timney and Triggertech and both are better than the factory triggers. I've been able to adjust the factory triggers to where I wanted them but I just couldn't get them to be consistent. The aftermarket triggers are fairly simple to install on the 700's.

skipperbrown

I have Jewell and TT. The TT is a 2 stage. Both are set at about 1# (1/2# first and 1# second on the TT) and both are fine triggers. I like the TT better because I now prefer 2 stage triggers and am moving to 2 stage on all my rifles.

vonb

I have/had Jewell, Timney, Shilen, Rifle Basix and TriggerTech. Aside from the benchrest game, TriggerTech has the most crisp feel in terms of breaking that I've experienced. Jewell is the best when trigger pull is measured in ounces. Otherwise, they have a different feel to them when adjusted in the hunting poundage ranges. Rifle Basix I would not recommend. I had one that felt great starting out. At about the 1K mark, it developed creep which could not be adjusted and removed. I'm thinking this had to do with the hardness of the material in the sear. Timney have been good triggers for me and are a solid buy if prices are better than the TriggerTech. Shilen is somewhere in the middle of the pack. The TriggerTech gets my vote...Safety moves freely, trigger pull adjusted via clicks and is very crisp.

farm208

You can adjust the factory trigger on 700's. on the narrow side thats where the front of the trigger is find the 2 screws. One is near the top and the other is in the middle. They are covered with clear glue to keep them from moving. Scratch off the glue. back out the screw that's in the middle till u get the low weight you want. Check to see the trigger won't fire when you push in the bolt and lock down. If you back the middle screw out too far it will fire upon closing the bolt When you take it off safety. Screw it back in till it won't fire after closing the bolt down when taking it off safe.If it goes off safe to fire as soon as you move the safety lever it's out too far. Adjust the screw in till it quits firing as soon as u move from safe to fire. The top screw is for play in the trigger. you can find info on this on the internet. Also bump the butt on floor with a pretty good bolt to make sure it does not fire. You want to be really safe and not have a gun fire when it's dropped. Be safe and be sure it don't fire if it's bumped hard on the ground. After adjusting take some fingernail polish and spread a tiny amount around the threads of the screws. You'll have a much better shooter. The top screw is trigger stop screw For over travel. The middle is trigger weight screw. The opposite side which is behind the trigger is trigger engagement screw. I don't usually turn any but the middle screw as it gets it done.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts