Tree stick recommend

TNGRIZZLY_

2-Step Enabled
I am looking for a good one just to hang a trail camera up higher in a tree, I am 260 pounds. Which one will be a good one for this?
Thanks
I be willing to buy used if someone has any for sale.

JCDEERMAN

I have Hawk Helium sticks, but any one of them will work for that. Mine are 20" sticks, and if using one for getting a camera up high, I could easily get it up 9 feet off the ground.

BSK

I'm going to do the same thing with low-glow cameras over food plots. Install them high with climbing sticks so deer don't see the dull red glow of the low-glow flash.

JCDEERMAN

I would also recommend a lineman's rope or your safety harness. Not necessarily for safety purposes, but for hands-free operation on getting the camera set up. A little more work than strapping it on a tree at ground level - you'll need to be able to angle it down, etc.... Having both hands is a game changer.

dsa5455

My sticks in the past were either buckle or ratchet type with some type of versa button or hook and it was a challenge to set the stick where I wanted it before the final cinch. I always seem to be leaning to close or to far away from the tree. Granted I'm not the most agile person with a line mans belt. Today, I believe I would go with a stick that offers the rope and cam system which secures directly on the front side of the stick. The set point would be directly in front of me allowing a better initial securing of the stick without having to adjust my lineman's belt. Today, if I were still using sticks, I would give the Muddy's with their cam system a try or I would convert my Lone Wolf sticks to the cam.

JeepKuntry

I'm going to do the same thing with low-glow cameras over food plots. Install them high with climbing sticks so deer don't see the dull red glow of the low-glow flash.
If you google search there are some good diy setups. If you can screw into a tree then it's only a couple bucks worth of hardware. I am gonna make some and spray paint them and leave outside my place for a month or so before placing in the woods.

DRSJ35

I been setting up a system that's not perfected as of yet. Because I'm still trying new things. I like the hawk helium just because of the dual steps instead of just one on each side.

Latest posts