Tree stand attachment game cart???? Sherpa

Heath423

2-Step Enabled
I recently come across a tree stand attachment that turns a tree stand into a game cart. It is sold by Sherpa Hunting. They have one for most major brands of tree stands. Does anyone have any experience with these? Do they work well or do they cause damage to your tree stand? Any comments or suggestions?

Bone Collector

I have never used one, but know they have discussed them on here before. I think from what i remember I was thinking for the price, why not just buy a cart, but I may be mistaken on the product/price.

I do remember some of those that said they owned one said, they liked it.

MickThompson

I almost bought one but decided I'd rather get blood all over a cart than all over my climber seat. That said, a cart should be pretty much mandatory for public land deer hunters. One of the best pieces of hunting equipment I've ever bought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jlanecr500

I started to build a replica but after adding up the cost of supplies I just bought one. I actually use it to take my gear into the woods. I have a Florida hunt coming up with some long walks packing in a stand and backpack so it will take the load off me and double as a game cart too. It really is a good idea.

DMD

I don't own one, I looked at them online. It's a neat idea, but...I'd be in agreement with the person who said "I wouldn't want to get blood on my stand". I see no way to keep blood off of your seat with this setup. What I have done a few times, when I needed a cart, if I was hunting way back in the woods - I would load my stand and backpack on my cart and roll it in. Then cable the cart to a tree or hide in some brush.

FishnFed

I bought one, put my Viper in it and wheeled it around the yard. My neighbors stay away from me. It is a great concept and i carried it afield with me a couple of times. At the end of the day, I returned it for the following reasons:
-it actually added more weight than I wanted to deal with
-it would not be as stable as a true deer cart
-if I'm going to leave it in the truck and retrieve it after a kill, I might as well have a deer cart for about the same money.

Latest posts