Tree Lounge Wheels

Francis

I recently bought an older, used tree lounge. Now before anyone starts doing the pros and cons, it was: heavier than some, noisier than some, and seemed very safe. Safety is my main concern. I have never heard any real safety concerns about the older ones. With this said, I looked at the wheels they have as an option. These wheels are hard plastic and thin. This makes a very heavy footprint, if it is loaded as a deer cart. Flat hard packed ground, no problem. Marshy wet ground, problem. I have ordered 2 "wheel barrow type" wheels from harbor frieght. Me, the chop saw and welder are going to make our own wheel set up. I was wondering if anybody had any experience with using the tree lounge as a deer cart, or thoughts on the wheel issue. Thanks.

DMD

Back when I hunted with the tree lounge, I used an extra bar that goes across the back of the tree lounge (part that is on the back side of the tree) and put a shaft through it, mounted my wheels to both ends of the shaft. That way, when I wanted to put the wheels on, all I had to do was but the bar on with the big knobs and I was ready to go. Worked pretty good. Very easy to attach and unattach the wheels that way. Sometimes folks will sell the bar cheap, because they have purchased the adjustable bar for the tree lounge. I loved my tree lounges, hunted with them for years. Very safe...just don't do like me and forget to put your knobs on!!! I did that on two different occasions. Once I didn't realize until I was about 25-30 feet up in a tree!!!

Latest posts