Trapper Training Camp

Farm manager

I understand that the Buffalo Ridge Trapper Training Camp is scheduled for the weekend of February 24. TWRA and the Tennessee Fur Harvesters Association will have more details on the Facebook page. Pre-registration is going to required and there will be a limit of 100 participants. A great chance to get some information and ideas that may increase your chances for a more successful trapline experience.
Please consider joining the Tennessee Fur Harvesters Association. This group has put in many, many, hours of personal time to not only provide educational opportunities for folks who want to know more about trapping and fur handling but also to work with TWRA to develop and implement some of the best trapping regulations in the country. Please support the organizations, State and National, who work to make the sport of trapping as enjoyable as possible.

JCDEERMAN

Good to see you posting! I'll look into this event and also joining the organization. Where will the 2/24 event be held?

I bought everything I need to trap last year, but didn't have any success. Definitely need some guidance - YouTube videos didn't cut it for me 🤣

philsanchez76

I understand that the Buffalo Ridge Trapper Training Camp is scheduled for the weekend of February 24. TWRA and the Tennessee Fur Harvesters Association will have more details on the Facebook page. Pre-registration is going to required and there will be a limit of 100 participants. A great chance to get some information and ideas that may increase your chances for a more successful trapline experience.
Please consider joining the Tennessee Fur Harvesters Association. This group has put in many, many, hours of personal time to not only provide educational opportunities for folks who want to know more about trapping and fur handling but also to work with TWRA to develop and implement some of the best trapping regulations in the country. Please support the organizations, State and National, who work to make the sport of trapping as enjoyable as possible.
I don't know how to work the Facebooks, but I found the Tennessee Fur Harvesters page and saw they had a trapping event in Maury back in December. I cannot seem to find anything about a February event. am I just missing it?

wildlifefarmer

these folks are great!! If you can afford to join this organization, please do. They and TWRA do a great job putting this event on and promoting sound trapping practices. I found out your first event will be information overload. However, go and do some networking and you possible find someone in your area you can tag along on the trapline. Get some experience then go again next year to get more specific questions and answers. Have fun trapping. Just like Christmas, you never know what is going to be under the tree or on the end of your trapline.

Farm manager

I don't know how to work the Facebooks, but I found the Tennessee Fur Harvesters page and saw they had a trapping event in Maury back in December. I cannot seem to find anything about a February event. am I just missing it?
The event may not be posted as of yet. I just wanted to give this group a heads up to be watching for it. TWRA will have it on their website, Instagram, Facebook, and whatever other social media sites they have. It may be the end of the month or first of next month before registration is opened up.

Farm manager

Good to see you posting! I'll look into this event and also joining the organization. Where will the 2/24 event be held?

I bought everything I need to trap last year, but didn't have any success. Definitely need some guidance - YouTube videos didn't cut it for me 🤣
Buffalo Ridge WMA around a mile south of I-40 on Hwy 13 exit 143. The course covers every aspect of trapping and fur handling and also provides participants with a trapper certification. This is required, much like Hunter Education, to trap in some of the other States.

philsanchez76

The event may not be posted as of yet. I just wanted to give this group a heads up to be watching for it. TWRA will have it on their website, Instagram, Facebook, and whatever other social media sites they have. It may be the end of the month or first of next month before registration is opened up.
Perfect thx sir!

Speedwell-Hunter

thanks for this information

Speedwell-Hunter

hey i looked all over and cannot find event, what are exact dates? not seeing it on TWRA site or when i google it , thank you

Farm manager

The registration for the Buffalo Ridge Trapper Training Camp has been opened
Screenshot_20220202-204227.png

Speedwell-Hunter

any success this year?

Latest posts