Transportation Tag

RobDooley

I do not have a problem with "tagging before you drag" if you have no cellular service and unable to immediately check game. The issue I have and most others will also encounter is the likelihood of these tags (slivers of paper) deteriorating; coming off; illegible; etc during the process of dragging your deer to vehicle. It will happen and possibly unbeknownst to the hunter or huntress. I guess you print numerous and keep a pocket full of them and replace as needed. In years past (many years) the durable license provided (cost prohibited now) came with detachable "kill tags" that were not susceptible to the aforementioned. With all due respect, if you expect us to comply; and I will comply, something much better should be provided.

RobDooley

If that is the case, and I have no reason to doubt you, I don't know you. The TWRA must make this patently clear. Try explaining that to an over zealous warden. I can see it now...No I did it....ride 10 miles down the road with me until I get a signal. yeah, right. Puh...leeze

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
Don't know if you found your answer a while back. The following is on page 25 of the 2020-2021 Tennessee Hunting and Trapping Guide:

TWRA ON THE GO - Mobile App
Available in the Apple App store and on Google Play. It stores your license
information and allows you to electronically tag/check-in your harvest in
the field. You don't need to carry any paper while you're hunting!
It doesn't matter if you are out of range of a cell signal! Check in your
harvest anyway, and a harvest confirmation number is still generated. When
you get back in range of a signal, your information is automatically sent.

Huntaholic

I think it friggin SUCKS! Write me a damned ticket if you want to, I will see you in court. I TRIED multiple times to check in the deer I took on the MZ hunt. The app WOULD NOT open on my phone without service so I didn't move it, I walked until I found service and tried it again. At that point, it opened but told me I had to update my app in order to proceed. By this point I was pissed off and didn't bother to "tag before I dragged" it back to the truck. At that point I got my paper license out, cut off a tag, cut and dated it, then I took it to my sons house, we hung it, butchered it, and I officially "tagged" it in later that eve when I got HOME to my computer.
Im all about technology, Ive hunted more states than I can count and harvested game, paper tags, no tags, telecheck, etc... and the way TN has things set up is the most aggravating system Ive ever tried to deal with.

Safari Hunt

Huntaholic, I can see your frustration. Went back to the Hunting Regs- page 25 claims you don't need service of the TWRA On the Go mobile app. Is this what you were using? Might call your regional office and say it didn't work for you. Maybe someone will have an answer. Haven't had a chance to use it yet but am apprehensive as computers don't like me.
Sign in an office- To Err Is Human; To Really Screw It Up, You Need A Computer!

Huntaholic

Huntaholic, I can see your frustration. Went back to the Hunting Regs- page 25 claims you don't need service of the TWRA On the Go mobile app. Is this what you were using? Might call your regional office and say it didn't work for you. Maybe someone will have an answer. Haven't had a chance to use it yet but am apprehensive as computers don't like me.
Sign in an office- To Err Is Human; To Really Screw It Up, You Need A Computer!
It seems every year when I try to use it I have to update it and I didn't have enough signal, time, or battery life to fool with all of that at the time. Forget all that crap and aggravation, I will paper tag them and check them in officially when I get home. Even though ALMOST everybody I know carries a cell phone with them, I don't think in a court of law that TWRA can FORCE you to carry a smart phone with you while hunting and unless they are going to provide you a free phone with every license sale, a judge will throw it out. Especially since there are other alternative methods of tagging.

Chase-n-tail

Thanks. I cannot find it. Any help?
I do not have a problem with "tagging before you drag" if you have no cellular service and unable to immediately check game. The issue I have and most others will also encounter is the likelihood of these tags (slivers of paper) deteriorating; coming off; illegible; etc during the process of dragging your deer to vehicle. It will happen and possibly unbeknownst to the hunter or huntress. I guess you print numerous and keep a pocket full of them and replace as needed. In years past (many years) the durable license provided (cost prohibited now) came with detachable "kill tags" that were not susceptible to the aforementioned. With all due respect, if you expect us to comply; and I will comply, something much better should be provided.

Chase-n-tail

I agree with the whole paper tag getting wet, missing, unreadable. So I carry a small zip lock in catoosa you have to have a tag on the deer or you are transporting a illegal deer.and that is right from a game warden

Walker817

Just make sure app is updated before you go hunting. Or just print tag and do what we used to have to do. Tag and make sure tag stays on deer.

Latest posts