Trail Cams

Austin95

Okay well these new woods I'm hunting apparently have a good population of deer. I'm not looking to spend a bunch of money but I'm dying to know what bucks are out there. Which affordable trail cams would work, please include price.

Nealmeally

If you could spend $150 I'd get a Covert. They have a Covert model that's $100. I'd pay $100 for it before any others..

BSK

Personally, I would avoid all IR cams and go only with black-flash. But that pushes the cost up around $150 minimum for a decent unit.

PcDeer

I go cheap on trail cams and have come out just fine for the most part. Have used Moultrie m80 series cameras for the past couple years with great results. This past summer I bought a primos truth cam 35 ultra and wish cabelas had it back.

Vermin93

According to Lee & Tiffany, Wildgame Innovations (WGI) has the best trail cams on the market.

That being said, there may be better options. Totally depends on your budget. What is your budget?

Pic IN the Casa

I know a few on here have had bad luck with WGI but I've got 2 that have simply kept on working for 3 years and I keep them out 6-8 months of the year. Also have a Moultrie that is doing well.

darn2ten

Check out the Browning Range Ops, can't beat them for the money. Look at their review on trailcampro.com. You can buy from them for $119.00 and you get free shipping, free 8 Gb sd card, and a 2 year warranty. You can find them other places for $99, but no extended warranty or sd card.

BSK

I would not trust reviews on trailcampro. They have a bad habit of writing great reviews for cameras they are financially involved with.

BSK

Stay far, FAR away from anything made by WGI. As long as a person can afford one, I would go with the Covert Black 60.

old_man

I am a rank novice with trail cams so for what it is worth:
This is my first time trying trail cams. Also my first year hunting in TN.
Anyway - I picked up a couple of Moultrie M-880 boxes. 120-150. Watch for sales. I am really pleased with the performance. Moultrie has a "plot-stalker" mode that takes pics for a settable interval at a settable duration around sunrise and sunset. I set mine at 2 hours and a pic every 1 minute. In just a couple of days I had multiple pics of deer from the plot stalker that likely would not have triggered the motion detect. Deer caught where about 80 yds from the cams. Obviously I should move the cams a bit but the plot-stalker captured good pics in spite of my poor placement. Pretty kool. Cheap Tractor supply batteries seem to last a couple of weeks. Get lithium for longer life. Also the m-880 runs on 12 volts which makes putting a sealed lead acid unit to the cam with a cable is pretty simple. 12 volt batteries are pretty easy to come by. In cam bats are 8 AAs. In my opinion 12 volt cams are a better option than lower voltage models.